A communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club
This communication covers:
- OMEA Honor Bands
- Parent Information meeting, and Upbeat Club meeting is Thursday, January 19th
- Taste for Music fundraiser is Wednesday, January 25th
- Try Band is Saturday, January 28th at the Freshman School
- Solo & Ensemble Contest
Congratulations to all the Lakota West Students who were selected for this year’s OMEA Honor Bands!
OMEA Honor Jazz Band concert is Sunday, January 8th at 2:30pm at Kings High School.
OMEA Honor Concert Bands concerts are Sunday, January 15th at Mason High School.
The next Parent Information meeting, and Upbeat Club meeting is Thursday, January 19th.
It will take place at Lakota West High School starting at 6:30pm. The Information meeting with the Directors starts at 6:30pm, the Upbeat Club meeting starts at 7pm. All Lakota West Band parents grades 7-12 are welcome!
Our next Taste for Music fundraiser is on Wednesday, January 25th from 11am – 9pm at Tom and Chee’s at 9328 Union Centre Blvd.
Click here for flyer. You will want to print it and bring to the restaurant to help support the Lakota West Bands. Please share with your family and friends!
Try Band is back and will be Saturday, January 28th at Lakota West Freshman School from 9:30am – 12pm.
We are having an open house for 5th and 6th grade students to come and Try Band! High School students will be on hand to demonstrate and allow students to explore all the different instruments they could play in 7th grade band. They’ll even get to try the instruments! A concert by Symphonic Winds will finish out the morning. Tell your neighbors, call your friends about this once a year event they won’t want their kids to miss! Click here to view the flyer to share with neighbors and friends. If you have a suggestion on where to place a poster to advertise the event, please email Barb Warne.
Solo & Ensemble Contest
High School Grades 9-12
- Solo & Ensemble deadline for High School registration is Friday January 13th by 3pm. Look for more information from the directors regarding the registration process.
- For list of solos, click on link here – OMEA list of High School required music selections
- All High School Ensembles will perform on Monday, February 6th from 6pm-8pm for the ensemble recital night. Look for more information from Mr. Carr.
- Solo & Ensemble Contest for grades 9-12 will be held on Saturday February 11th at Lakota West High School.
- This is for all schools within District 13. Volunteer sign up through SignUpGenius will be available in mid January. Please watch the band website or emails for a link to volunteer for this important event. We are fortunate to be able to host this for our district, and we will need many helpers to make the day a success for both the students and the judges.
Junior High Schools Grades 7-8
- For list of solos, click on link here – OMEA list of Jr High suggested music selections
- Solo & Ensemble Contest for Plains Jr students will be held on Saturday January 21st at Lakota Plains Jr School.
- Solo & Ensemble Contest for Ridge Jr students will be held on Saturday March 25th at Clinton Massie High School.