Lakota West Bands Update: April 3
A communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club
This communication covers:
- Taste for Music
- Senior Pictures for Band Awards Night
- Jazz’ n Cakes
- Kroger Cards
- Upbeat Club
- Fall Color Guard Auditions
- For the Calendar
Taste for Music – April 5
The next Taste for Music fundraiser event will be held at Raising Canes on Wednesday, April 5 from 5:00pm – 9:00pm. Let the cashier know that you are there for the Lakota West band fundraiser. For the band to receive the fundraising benefit, show this flyer when making your purchase. Please share with family and friends!
Senior Pictures – Band Awards Night
Attention parents of seniors! It is time to locate your student’s senior AND baby picture and send them to Leslie at email@example.com.
We are in need of pictures for 40 more seniors. Please get them sent in this week. Last call for pictures – All pictures must be received by April 7.
Jazz ‘n Cakes – April 22
Signup for Volunteers We need many hands to make this event a success. Please consider a shift to help support our amazing jazz program. Event is 8am – 12pm.
Tickets: Tickets also available at the door at $6.00/each, children three and under are free.
Donations still needed for raffle items, let your imagination go wild when you look around the house. For example:
- Baby supplies that you didn’t use and are still good quality
- Pet items
- Band swag, memorabilia
- Corporate donations, company tickets, logo items
- Beach towels
- Non-shiny Easter grass
- Gift cards you won’t use
- Frames or shadow boxes
- Items to use as “baskets”- can be a cooler, bucket for car wash supplies, box for back to school supplies, etc.
To donate, call Kevin Moorman (513) 604-2997 or Michelle Gunigundo (513) 379-1771 to schedule a drop-off or pick-up. Baskets will be finalized by April 10th.
For more information and performance schedule – see web page.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Lakota West Bands every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same prices, selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the Lakota West Band Program.
Kroger Card Registration Time
Do you shop at Kroger?! Every time you scan your Kroger Plus Card, you could earn money for The Lakota West Bands – it is that easy. Registration must occur before May 1.
Nominations for Freshman Officer, Treasurer and Vice President need to be submitted to Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
April Upbeat Club meeting is Thursday 4/20 at Lakota West High School starting at 6:30pm with the Directors’ update, and 7pm for the Upbeat Club regular meeting. All parents with band students in grades 7-12 are welcome and encouraged to join.
- April Meeting Agenda (will be posted on Upbeat page when available)
- March Unapproved Minutes (will be posted on Upbeat page when available)
- Financials (will be posted on Upbeat page when available)
Fall Color Guard Auditions
Tuesday May 2 from 6pm – 9pm at West Freshman Gym
Thursday May 4 from 6pm – 9pm at West Freshman Gym
Open to incoming 9th to 12th graders, all interested must attend both sessions. The first day the students will learn technique and audition material. the second day will be a review of the material and auditions. Any questions, please contact Shelby Klamert or Tim Coady.
For the Calendar
- Link to calendar here
- April 5 – Taste for Music at Canes
- April 8 – Winter Guard International Finals, Dayton, Guard A only, click here to learn more
- April 9 through 14 – Symphonic Winds trip
- April 20 – Upbeat Club meeting
- April 22 – Jazz’ n Cakes
- May 2 and 4 – Fall Color Guard Auditions
- May 8 – Spring High School Bands concert at West
- May 10 – Plains Jr Spring Band Concert
- May 10 – Jazz Spring Concert at East
- May 11 – Band Awards Night
- May 11 – Ridge Jr Spring Band Concert
- May 18 – Upbeat Club Meeting
- May 19 – Lakota West Graduation
- May 24 – Last day and Rookie Marcher Day in eve
- May 29 – Memorial Day Parade