A Communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club
This communication covers:
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Additional ways to support the Bands
- REMIND Text sign up time
- Marching Band Handbook Update
- Concert Music Recordings
- Performance Opportunities – Audition Information
Band Camp starts in 3 weeks! Our students and directors need help in order to make band camp safe, productive, and even fun! Volunteers are needed to serve meals, maintain water stations, chaperone events, help at first aid stations, and more. Other than a willingness to help, no special skills are required. Thanks for your assistance and support!
Click here for sign-up link. Pre-Camp is the week of 7/24, Band Camp is the week of 7/31, and Post Camp is the week of 8/7. See schedule here on our calendar.
Bus Chaperones – click here for a link to sign up (Dates included are 8/25, 9/16, 10/14, 10/28, 11/4)
A few Upbeat Lead Positions are still open. If you are interested or have any questions, please email Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view Upbeat Volunteer Opportunities page – click here.
Easy ways to support all the Lakota West Bands, with no additional cost to you
Use AmazonSmile when shopping online – click here for information on our website.
Sign up for Kroger Awards to have funds go directly to help the Bands – click here to learn how.
Refer friends and family to consider Kevin Moorman for their insurance needs (auto, home and business) and a donation of $25 goes to the Upbeat Club – click here to read more.
REMIND Text sign up
The Upbeat Club has set up a Marching Band text messaging account with Remind — a leading communications solution for teachers and extracurricular activity leaders. The purpose of this account will be to:
- inform you of cancellations or changes due to weather or unexpected circumstances,
- give parents “We’re departing now” alerts upon return from trips or competitions,
- give parents “We’re about 15 minutes away” alerts upon return from trips or competitions,
- deliver competition results and
- deliver urgent reminders
If you have a smartphone, alerts will come across as push notifications from the free Remind app (if you install the app). If you have a cellphone or do not want to install the free Remind app on your smartphone, the alerts will come across as text messages.
To subscribe to text alerts/push notifications: Send the message @LWMARCHBND to 81010.
If you do not have a mobile phone, you may go online to sign up for email notifications: Go to http://rmd.at/LWMARCHBND
Marching Band Handbook Update
The 2017 Marching Firebirds Handbook is almost done! Here are links to a couple of items from the handbook that will soon be online:
- Marching Band Uniforms
- Pre-Camp, Band Camp, and Post-Camp daily schedules
- Final Forms – Marching Band now uses the district’s sports/athletic process for completion of required forms. Mr. Carr will send out specific instructions soon, but here are the links and copy of the instructions below for your reference. Good news is that after the first year, only a review of the information and a few signatures are required.
The entire Handbook will soon be available online on the Marching Band Handbook page.
Concert Music Recordings
If you would like to purchase a CD of previous concerts, please go to Tristate Productions to order. Look for more information regarding how Tristate will be using Spotify to stream our concert music in the future.
Performance Opportunities – Audition dates approaching
Below are links to two great ensembles for students who are serious about their instrument, and want additional training and performance opportunities. Admittance by private audition, please go to their site for more information.
Questions about any of the information included in this communication, please email Barb at email@example.com.