A Communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club
This communication covers:
- Tag Day
- Thirty-One Fundraiser
- Mattress Sale
Tag Day 8/26/17
Tag Day is Saturday August 26 and is our biggest and briefest fundraiser.
On Saturday, August 26. Lakota West concert and marching band members will, in small groups, go door-to-door asking for donations from members of our community. When an individual provides a donation, a band member gives him/her a receipt documenting the tax-deductive contribution. Donations go toward the band’s uniform fund as well as the special projects fund – both significant recurring expenses.
We need 10 parents to sign up every day till we get to August 26. Yes, that means we need 100 drivers to drive the students along their Tag Day routes. You can request your son’s/daughter’s group and your neighborhood, and we will make every effort to accommodate your request. Your route assignment includes instructions and a map. You drive the students to the beginning of the route, where they get out of your car and begin knocking on doors in pairs (or threes or fours). You trail them as they go from door to door and, when the students complete the route, you drive them back to West.
Parents of marching and concert band members, we hope you’ll support Tag Day  by spreading the word and volunteering to drive/follow student groups through neighborhoods.
SIGN UP HERE 
Questions? contact firstname.lastname@example.org 
Thirty-one fundraiser runs 8/11 through 8/25
Our Thirty-One Gifts Fundraiser runs through 8/25 and is using the brand NEW Fall/Winter catalog! The entire catalog will be available as well as August specials. This is an online fundraiser, however a limited number of paper catalogs will be available and manual orders will be accepted. To start shopping, spread the word or review the ordering process, go to our web page here .
Questions – email email@example.com  .
Mattress Sale is September 16
Save the Date! See web page  for more information and flyer.
Spiritwear is here!
Click here to print our order form . Online ordering will be available soon.
Unos Doughraiser is November 19
The Unos planning team need volunteers to soliciting advertisers/sponsors, ice cream donations, help with volunteer coordinator, and join the planning committee. Next meeting is 9/6 at 6 pm at Uno’s. Contact person is Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org. 
For the Calendar
NEW Calendar – click here for link
- Tuesday 8/15 – Pictures at 10am at Main Campus. Uniform room opens at 9am. Large group and individual photos taken if requested. Forms available for ordering. Full uniform, no Shako. Bring instrument only if taking individual photo.
- Tuesday 8/15 – Band rehearsal from 1-5pm – Main Campus
- Wednesday 8/16 – First Day of School
- Wednesday 8/16 – Band rehearsal from 3-5:30pm for those who have not passed off music – Main campus
- Thursday 8/17 – Band Directors monthly update to all parents at 6:30-7pm. Freshman School, either in Theater or bandroom.
- Thursday 8/17 – First Upbeat Club Meeting of the year at 6:30pm, immediately following Directors update at Freshman School. See Upbeat Club web page  for agenda, financials and more. We hope to see lots of parents there – it is shaping up to be a great season!
- Thursday 8/17 – Band rehearsal from 6:30-9pm – Freshman Campus
- Saturday 8/19 – Band Rehearsal from 9am – 9pm – Freshman Campus
- Week of 8/21, regular band rehearsal schedule starts on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Friday 8/25 – Game and performance at UC is cancelled. Team not going. Plan on rehearsal instead. Time and location tbd.
- Saturday 8/26 – Lakota Tag Day
- Friday 9/1 – First home football game!