A Communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club
This communication covers:
- Uniform Fitting Volunteers Needed
- Lock-in August 4 Snack List
- Toledo Trip Fundraiser ends August 9
- For the Calendar
Marching Firebird Uniform Fitting Help Needed!
We still need a lot more parents to help out on the dates below, about ten more volunteers on each night. We have over 70 rookies to help get fitted! All veterans also will be fitted and have the opportunity to purchase needed items. All parents please refer to purchase process outlined below.
7:00 Alto Sax
7:30 Tenor Sax & Bari Sax
8:45 Color Guard
8:30 Field Commanders
Special Note for Freshmen:
Band Lock-in is Friday – Snack List by Section
Please bring snacks for Friday’s lock-in per the guidelines below. You can drop off Friday at Freshman school or bring to Lock-in at 8pm at
MAIN Freshman Campus.
Color Guard last name A-M – 12 pack of Pop
Color Guard last name N-Z – 24 pack of bottled Water
Flutes, Clarinets, Saxes, Trombones, Drum Majors – Sweet Treat
Trumpets, Mellos, Baritones, Sousaphones, Drumline and Pit – Savory Snack
Toledo Trip Fundraiser runs through August 9
We are excited about our Toledo Trip this year and to help reduce the cost we are running a new fundraiser selling 24oz Tumblers, including a custom West design. Each tumbler is $20, $8 goes to the Upbeat Club and will be used to offset the costs of the trip. We are asking each student to sell at least 15 cups. They will have until August 9th to continue selling and collect money. All orders and payments are due August 9. More information on our website – click here to see all the Tumbler options available.
For the Calendar
- Link to Calendar Here
- Friday 8/4 – Lock-in at
Main CampusFreshman Campus from 8pm – 1am
- Monday 8/7 to Friday August 11 – Post Camp – see schedule pages of handbook here
- Monday 8/7 – Uniform Fittings from 6-9pm at Main Campus
- Tuesday 8/8 – Uniform Fittings from 6-9pm at Main Campus
- Thursday 8/10 – DCI at the Movies (not a band sponsored activity)
- Friday 8/11 – Family Tailgate at 6pm. Marching Band Camp Performance at 7pm – Freshman School
Questions about any of the information included in this communication, please email Barb at firstname.lastname@example.org.