A Communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club
This communication covers:
- Volunteer Sign-ups
- Mattress Sale
- Concert Band Uniforms
- Uno’s Doughraiser
- Band Trips Updates
- College visit opportunities for Juniors or Seniors
- Calendar Highlights
Bus Chaperones sign-up Upcoming dates included are 9/16, 10/14, 10/28, 11/4 – all our non-overnight competitions
Parent Volunteer Page – all current sign-ups will always be posted here
Mattress Sale – 9/16 from 10am – 5pm
See web page for more information and flyer. You may or may not be in the market for a mattress, that is ok, what we need band parents to do is spread the word. Sharing the Facebook post, retweeting the information or print flyers for your coworkers are all ways to help. Friends and family can purchase a mattress from almost anywhere – for more information on how, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concert Band Uniforms
Thank you Parents! Every student who was at school on fitting days has been fitted! Most of the students have brought home their uniform in a bag. They were instructed it should be kept hanging up. Please see the Concert Uniform Page for information about other items you need to purchase or acquire between now and Oct 10th. Information for bow-ties and cummerbund purchase and swaps will be coming in late September.
We are in need of 6 more volunteers to help with alterations. Sewing Machines are not required! Sign-up Here
If you are the parent of a Symphonic Winds girl and have not yet paid for your daughter’s dress, Payment is needed no later than Monday, Sept 11th. You can pay by check or through Charms. The total cost for the dress and pearls is $78. We are unable to order a dress until payment is received. Order will be placed Tuesday, Sept 12th to allow time for parents to have the dress hemmed.
Uno’s Dough Raiser – November 19
URGENT: The Uno’s Doughraiser planning committee needs a volunteer to head up advertising sales for placemats and aprons. The deadline for printing the placemats is in roughly 3 weeks. A volunteer is needed to solicit local advertisers, obtain necessary artwork, and coordinate production with the printing company. Contact Jennifer ASAP at email@example.com for details.
Business owners: How would you like to support the band and get the word out about your business to families attending both Uno’s Doughraiser and Jazz ‘n Cakes, as well as customers at Taco Bell locations in the West Chester/Liberty Township area? Sponsorship opportunities are available for as little as $250 for placemat ads. Contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9/20 for more information.
Uno’s Doughraiser Volunteers needed: We’re looking for volunteers for the following chair positions: Kitchen Lead, Volunteer Lead, Talent Chair (coordinate scheduling of musicians with Mr. Nordyke and Mr. Carr), and Postcard Distribution. We’re also looking for a volunteer magician (can be a student). Our next planning meeting will be held October 17th at 6 pm at Uno’s. For more information contact Jennifer at email@example.com.
Band Trips Updates
BOA Toledo 9/22-9/23
- Look for email through CHARMS coming early this week
- See web page with important information, updates and deadlines
BOA Indianapolis – 11/10-11/12
- All students must sign up for this trip. It works the same as the Orlando trip registration and payment process.
- See letter from Music Travel Consultants sent via email on 9_7_17 to those already registered for one or both trips – please read if you did not receive it because you have not registered for either trip.
- See web page for registration instructions, costs and itinerary.
Disneyworld and Universal Studios in Orlando – 12/28-1/2
- Letter from Music Travel Consultants sent via email on 9_7_17 to those already registered for one or both trips
- See web page for FAQ and Itinerary. There is some important tips for those traveling seperately, as this is one of Disney’s busiest times of the year, especially on 12/31.
- There is still time to add your student, or take advantage of the package for your family.
- Last day to cancel is 10/29/17.
- All payments due by 12/7/17.
Online shop now open! Click here for more information.
College visit opportunities for Juniors or Seniors
- Music at Miami Day – Sept 20 – A day intended to provide high school students the opportunity to experience life as a music major at Miami University. Students can meet Miami faculty and students, hear performances, attend rehearsals and classes, and tour our facilities. Mini-lessons with applied music faculty can also often be arranged.
- Special Note – All students must be back and at 3pm LW band rehearsal on 9/20. Mr. Carr has communicated with MU staff and they are aware.
- Taste of CCM – November 3 – This event will consist of an admissions meeting, tours of CCM, Q and A with faculty members, class observation/student shadowing, student recitals and opportunities to attend concerts that evening. Registration form here. RSVP to zajackm@UCMAIL.UC.EDU by 10/13.
Upcoming Highlights from the Calendar
- Calendar – click here for link
- Wednesday 9/13 – Medication Drop off at West Main at 5:30pm for Toledo trip
- Saturday 9/16
- Mattress Sale, Main Campus from 10am – 5pm
- Bellbrook Band Competition, performance time tbd
- Wednesday 9/20 – Tumblers delivered
- Thursday 9/21 – Directors update at 6:30, Upbeat Meeting at 7pm, Freshman Building
- Friday – Saturday, 9/22-23 – Bands of America Regional Championship in Toledo, OH
- Friday 9/29 – Homecoming game against Lakota East
- Tuesday 10/10 – Band Concert with all five Concert Bands at West starting at 6:30pm