A Communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club
This communication covers:
- Mid-States Championships Results
- Kroger Awards
- Bands of America Grand National Championships
- Uno’s DoughRaiser
- Disney World Parade/Orlando Trip
- Calendar Highlights
Mid-States Championships Results
Lakota West placed 2nd of eleven top bands in Open Class at Mid-States Championships on Saturday! If that weren’t enough, we also broke our own school record with a score of 90.4! Highest score ever for Lakota West Marching Band! To offer some perspective, we placed 2nd in Centerville, and were 2.9 points behind first place. On Saturday we reduced it to .6 of a point away from the first place band! Also, on Saturday our score was a full 3.8 points above the third place band. Grit, perseverance, determination and trust have gotten this band to where they are right now. Lessons for a lifetime.
Do you shop at Kroger? Every time you scan your Kroger Plus Card, you could earn money for The Lakota West Bands. We’ve updated our web page and instructions – go here to learn more.
Spiritwear will be available at the Marching Band concert on Tuesday 11/14 for cash and carry. No orders can be placed at that time. Remaining inventory will be available. Look for Orlando spiritwear in coming weeks!
Bands of America Grand National Championships, Indianapolis Trip 11/10-12
- We will be doing a send-off at 8:30pm at the rehearsal at main campus on 11/8, to show our support and see the last run before Prelims on Friday in Indy! Please join us!!
- All information is current and up to date on our Indy Trip Page here – Indy Trip Page Included is itinerary that is in the trip booklet, an explanation of Grand Nationals, a spectator guide and more.
- Medication drop-off was 11/2. If you were unable to drop off the medicine you MUST drop it off at West no later than 11/7 with the nurse, Robin Robinson directly. Do not leave it at the main office. Call Robin at 874-5699 to arrange a time to meet her or email email@example.com.
- Final payments are now past due. Final payments MUST be made online as soon as possible.
- If you have not yet signed up for the REMIND text group, there is still time. Text the message LWMARCHBND to 81010.
- Packlist guidelines will be posted online Tuesday or the latest Wednesday.
- Here is an article about the experience our students and staff will have at our first Grand Nationals! See link here for article.
- Video and audio recording is prohibited at all performances at BOA. Band is subject to disqualification if anyone violates this policy. See more information regarding this on our web page.
- For live streaming – go to FloMarching site for more information
- This is the first trip to Bands of America Grand Nationals for any Lakota Band!
Uno’s Dough Raiser is Sunday 11/19
- For those who still need to turn in payment for the 5 tickets given to each family, contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Families can purchase additional tickets; look for more information online soon.
- Uno’s is one of our biggest fundraisers and is truly a lot of fun for those that get involved, and we need many hands to help. See sign-up opportunities here.
- We will soon post this as an event on Facebook, and post on Twitter. Please share/retweet so we can spread the word! Yard signs will also be placed the week before. If you have a highly visible area to place a sign, please email Jennifer at email@example.com.
Disney World Parade/Orlando Trip 12/28-1/2
- Updated Info on Web Page
- Parade practices were sent out via CHARMS. Calendar has been updated to reflect additional practices.
- Parent meeting for trip is 12/18 at 6pm, main campus. Travel Consultant will be attending. Students are welcome to attend.
- Final payment due to MTC by 12/7.
Upcoming Highlights from the Calendar
- Calendar – click here for link
- Monday 11/6
- Rehearsal 6:30pm – 9pm at main campus stadium. Update – bring Shakos and Drillmasters.
- Tuesday 11/7
- No School!
- Rehearsal 6-9pm at main campus stadium. Update – bring Shakos and Drillmasters.
- Wednesday 11/8
- Rehearsal 6-9pm main campus stadium. Update – bring Shakos and Drillmasters.
- Final run will be in full uniform!
- Community send off for the Marching Firebirds at the end of rehearsal at 8:30pm! Let’s pack the stands to show them our support!
- Thursday 11/9
- No rehearsal – rest and pack!
- Friday-Saturday 11/10-11/12 – Bands of America Grand National Championships!!
- Trip web page updated after meeting on 11/2 – go here for page
- Monday 11/13
- Jazz Concert at 6:30pm at West main campus for both East and West Jazz bands
- Tuesday 11/14
- Marching Band Concert and Awards, 7pm in main campus gym
- Ridge Jr Concert at 6:30pm
- Wednesday 11/15
- Winter Guard Auditions at 6-9pm at Cornerstone Church on Princeton-Glendale Rd. Unfamiliar with Winter Guard? see link
- Thursday 11/16
- Uno’s planning meeting at 6pm at Uno’s
- Directors’ update at 6:30pm and Upbeat meeting at 7pm, Note – at main campus through remainder of year.
- Sunday 11/19 – Uno’s Doughraiser from 11am – 8pm
- Monday 11/20 – 12/14 – Parade practices from 3-5pm. See calendar for dates.
- Thursday 11/30 – 6pm – Lakota Jazz Festival for both schools at East High School
- Saturday 12/2 – Honor Band Auditions – information is now in CHARMS
- Monday 12/11 – Holiday concert with three High School Bands, Main Campus
- Tuesday 12/12 – Holiday Concert with two Freshman Bands, Freshman Theater
- Friday 12/8 – Swing Dance at Main Campus – all students, community invited
- Monday 12/18 – Orlando Trip Parent meeting at 6pm, main campus
- Thursday 12/28 – Depart for Disney World New Year’s Eve Parade Trip!