A Communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club and Lakota West Band Directors
This communication covers:
- Fall Colorguard Auditions
- Spring Concerts
- 2018-19 Marching Firebird Information
- Upbeat Club
Fall Colorguard Auditions
Lakota West Marching Firebirds are holding auditions for our Fall Colorguard! No experience necessary! Be a part of this amazing team! Clinic and Auditions will be held on Monday, April 30th and Wednesday, May 2nd. You must attend both days from 6-9pm in the West Freshman Building Gym.
Lots of opportunities in May to see and hear the result of all the hard work from our students and directors.
- May 1 – Percussion Ensemble Concert at Main Campus at 7pm
- May 7 – Concert, Symphonic and Symphonic Winds Concert at Main Campus at 7pm. Concert includes two Concertos accompanied by Symphonic Winds, featuring by Kyle Cleavinger (bassoon) and Alex Daiker (french horn).
- May 9 – Lakota Jazz Concert at East Main Campus. Both East and West Jazz ensembles perform. West at 6pm, East at 7:30pm. Featuring Special Guest Steve Kortyka
- May 10 – Plains Jr and Ridge Jr Band Concerts at 6:30pm at each Jr school
- May 15 – Freshman Bands Concert at Freshman building at 7pm
Lakota West Marching Firebirds 2018-19
- Rookie Assessment Day and New Parent meeting is Wednesday May 16 at 7pm at Main Campus in the Bandroom (park in back near band trucks). We will share information about band camp, help you get connected to the band communication system – Charms, highlight important dates, explain a bit about uniforms, and answer any and all questions. We hope all new parents can attend!!
- Mini Camps on May 29 and May 30 at Lakota West Freshman School from 1-9pm. This is for all marching band and colorguard for 2018-19. Dinner will be provided both days from the Upbeat Club. There is also an upbeat meeting at 7pm and the students will show us what they have learned on the field at 8:30pm.
- Upbeat meeting to include a welcome to new parents is May 30 at 7pm at the Freshman Building.. We hope to be able to distribute the Marching Band Handbook at this time.
- Participation fee – The full payment of $200 is due no later than July 1. Amount remaining to be paid is posted in HAC and can be paid now through EZPAY.
- Schedule and Calendar – Information available on website: Competition Schedule, Rehearsal Schedule, Full Schedule. Band Calendar to be updated by 6/1.
Lakota West Upbeat Club
- The Lakota West Upbeat 2018-19 Board of Officers are President – Candi Vance, Vice President/Co-President – Jen Daiker, Treasurer – Beth Dodson, Secretary – Julie Horn, Freshman VP – Open. We are hoping to fill this with either a rising Freshman parent OR a rising Sophomore parent. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
- Upbeat Committee or Lead Open Positions for 2018-19 – Please go to our Key Contacts page on our web site to see the many Parent Lead Positions that we have in place to support the Lakota West Band Program. Those that are open for the 2018-19 school-year are noted. Any and all questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Calendar – click here for link
- Monday Apr 30 AND Tuesday May 2 – Colorguard Auditions at Freshman Building from 6-9
- Monday May 7 – Main Campus Spring Concert at 7pm
- Wednesday May 9 – Lakota Jazz Concert at 6pm at East
- Thursday May 10 –
- Plains Jr Concert – 6:30pm
- Ridge Jr Concert – 6:30pm
- Band Awards, Main Campus – 7:30pm (grades 9-12 welcome, but the focus is on senior recognition)
- Friday May 11 – Last day for Seniors
- Tuesday May 15 – Freshman Bands Concert – 7pm
- Wednesday May 16 – Rookie Assessment Day and New Marching Band Parent Meeting, 7pm Main Campus
- Thursday May 17 –West Graduation – combination of Concert and Symphonic Bands perform
- Wednesday May 23 – Last day of school K-11
- Monday May 28 – Memorial Day Parade
- Tuesday May 29 – Mini Camp from 1-9pm at Freshman Building
- Wednesday May 30 –
- Mini Camp from 1-9pm at Freshman Building
- Upbeat meeting at 7pm in Freshman Bandroom
- Parent Band Show at 8:30pm on Freshman Field
Any questions on the information contained in this post or on the website, you can contact email@example.com.