This communication covers:
- Weatherax Scholarship
- Upbeat Club Board Elections
- Jazz ‘n Cakes
Lakota West Upbeat Club provides a scholarship to a senior in one of our concert bands each year. Bill Weatherwax was a warm and caring band dad who loved volunteering in so many different ways: from Solo & Ensemble, to Pit Crew to chairing Jazz ‘n Cakes. To honor his spirit, the Upbeat Club awards this scholarship to a senior who exemplifies the spirit of volunteerism and cheerful spirit. Please access application via this link. Applications due 4/25.
Lakota West Upbeat Club Board Elections for 2018-19
It is that time of year where we bid farewell to some awesome parents who have served on the Upbeat Board, while we also look for new parents to step into these positions. Our Board elections will be at our April meeting on the 19th.
The following positions are available for the 2018-19 school year:
- Vice President
- Freshman Vice President
The President and Vice President will work closely together, almost as Co-Presidents so not to overwhelm any one individual. We work hard to make the transition go smoothly for Board Positions as well as Event Leads. The details and notes are captured, we just need people with spirit and energy to keep us moving forward. If you are interested or have questions, please contact Jen Daiker at email@example.com, or Dawn DiLorenzo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All nominations need to be sent to email@example.com by April 16.
Jazz ‘n Cakes is April 21!
Jazz ‘n Cakes ticket money is due Friday April 6! 5 tickets per family have been distributed to all families either at a concert or sent home with students. Please check with your students! You may use them for yourself, sell to family and friends, or offer to your favorite teacher! Payment for the 5 tickets is $30 and is due to the band directors by Friday April 6. Checks should be made out to Lakota West Upbeat Club. Please turn in ticket money or unused tickets by Friday! All additional tickets can be purchased at the door. Thank you for participating in the success of this event!
We need many volunteers for this event! Great way to meet people, hear great music and support our band program! Click here for signup tool for both parents AND students. No paper signups – all is online. Note – there are many pages within the link if you are viewing on your phone so click more at bottom of each page to see next page of available shifts.
Raffle Ticket Presale Time!
Don’t miss your change to purchase pre-sale raffle tickets! Online ordering is available! Go to page to order with pre-sale prices! Order online at by 4/14. Your tickets will be ready and labeled for you to pick up at event.
We have some fabulous prizes lined up including:
- Myrtly beach condo
- OSU Basket
- Liberty Center basket
- CInci de Mayo basket
- Date night
- Backyard Jenga Set
- At the Movies basket
- and many more!
PRE-SALE PRICES below:
$20 – 40 tickets (includes 5 extra tickets)
$30 – 70 tickets (includes 10 extra tickets)
$50 – 125 tickets (includes 15 extra tickets)
$100 – 300 tickets (includes 50 extra tickets)
$200 – 650 tickets (includes 50 extra tickets)
Facebook – The event is posted on our Facebook page, please use that to share and invite your friends and neighbors.
Twitter – retweet our event to help spread the word.
Event info – go to our web site for more information
April 5, 7pm – Planning Meeting, Location – Lakota Self Storage & Mini Office Suites 7686 Cincinnati-Dayton Rd West Chester, OH
April 10, 11 &12 at 6pm, location tbd for Raffle Basket Assembly. We need help! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about how you can help or participate in the assembly!
Highlights from the Calendar
- Calendar – click here for link
- Thursday April 5 – Jazz ‘n Cakes Meeting
- Friday April 6 – Drum Major Auditions from 3-5pm (2018 Leadership Team required to attend)
- April 12-14 – WGI World Championships in Dayton
- Saturday April 14 – Ridge Jr Solo & Ensemble Contest
- Thursday April 19 –
- LWBBB Breakfast meeting at 8am at First Watch
- Upbeat meeting and Board Elections at 7pm, Main Campus
- TBD Marching Band Assessment and Parent Meeting for 2018 Rookies
- Saturday April 21 – Jazz ‘n Cakes
- Monday May 7 – Main Campus Spring Concert at 7pm
- Wednesday May 9 – Lakota Jazz Concert at 6pm
- Thursday May 10 –
- Plains Jr Concert – 6:30pm
- Ridge Jr Concert – 6:30pm
- Band Awards, Main Campus – 7:30pm
- Friday May 11 – Last day for Seniors
- Tuesday May 15 – Freshman Bands Concert – 7pm
- Thursday May 17 –
- NO Upbeat Meeting (rescheduled to 5/30)
- West Graduation – combination of Concert and Symphonic Bands perform
- Wednesday May 23 – Last day of school K-11
- Monday May 28 – Memorial Day Parade
- Tuesday May 29 – Mini Camp from 1-9pm
- Wednesday May 30 – Mini Camp from 1-9pm with Upbeat meeting at 7p and Parent Band Show at 8:30pm