A Communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club and Lakota West Band Directors
This communication covers:
- Welcome new families
- Fall Colorguard
- Spring Concerts
- 2018-19 Marching Firebird Information
- Lakota West Upbeat Club
Welcome New Families!
We have connected with our rising freshman families at their concerts last week at Ridge and at Plains, and asked that they sign up for these email blasts from our website. If you just joined, welcome to Lakota West High School Bands!!
Fall Colorguard Team Announced
Congratulations to our 2018 Lakota West Colorguard! We will have 44 this year and we can’t wait to see you at mini camp. Welcome! To see the roster, go to their page on the website here.
We have one more concert, so come out to support our fantastic Freshman class on Tuesday May 15th at the Freshman building at 7pm.
Lakota West Marching Firebirds 2018-19
- Update your contact information in CHARMS! New and veteran parents – this means you! Click here for Charms web page with instructions. If your email bounces back, it is not tracked down, and you are not contacted to update it. Maintaining your information in Charms is critical for the directors to communicate with all families.
- Rookie Assessment Day and New Parent meeting is Wednesday May 16 at 7pm at Main Campus in the band room (park in back near band trucks). We will share information about band camp, help you get connected to the band communication system – Charms, highlight important dates, explain a bit about uniforms, and answer any and all questions. We hope all new parents can attend!!
- Mini Camp on May 29 and May 30 at Lakota West Freshman School from 1-9pm. This is for all marching band and colorguard for 2018-19. Dinner will be provided both days from the Upbeat Club. There is also an upbeat meeting at 7pm and the students will show us what they have learned on the field at 8:30pm.
- Volunteers needed for Mini camps days – go to this link to help out our directors and students during our first days of camp.
- Upbeat meeting to include a welcome to new parents is May 30th at 7pm at the Freshman Building. We hope to be able to distribute the Marching Band Handbook at this time.
- Remind Text – New text set up for 2018! Text @LWMB2018 to 81010
- Participation fee – The full payment of $200 is due no later than July 1. Amount remaining to be paid is posted in HAC and can be paid now through EZPAY.
- Schedule and Calendar – Information available on website: Competition Schedule, Rehearsal Schedule, Full Schedule. Band Calendar to be updated by 6/1.
Lakota West Upbeat Club
- The Lakota West Upbeat 2018-19 Board of Officers are President – Candi Vance, Vice President/Co-President – Jen Daiker, Treasurer – Beth Dodson, Secretary – Julie Horn, Freshman VP – Open. We are hoping to fill this with either a rising Freshman parent OR a rising Sophomore parent. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Upbeat Committee or Lead Open Positions for 2018-19 – Please go to our Key Contacts page on our web site to see the many Parent Lead Positions that we have in place to support the Lakota West Band Program. Those that are open for the 2018-19 school-year are noted. Any and all questions can be sent to email@example.com.
- Calendar – click here for link
- Monday May 14 – Graduation Band Practice, Main Campus from 3-4:30pm
- Tuesday May 15
- Graduation Band Practice, Main Campus from 3-4:30pm
- Freshman Bands Concert, Freshman Building – 7pm
- Wednesday May 16 – Rookie Assessment Day and New Marching Band Parent Meeting, 7pm Main Campus
- Thursday May 17 –West Graduation – Graduation Band performs (note- all the details were sent out through Charms on 5/4. If you did not get it, email firstname.lastname@example.org (and update your contact info in Charms!)
- Wednesday May 23 – Last day of school K-11
- Monday May 28 – Memorial Day Parade, parade starts at 9, meeting at GE to start. Look for email with loading times.
- Tuesday May 29 – Mini Camp from 1-9pm at Freshman Building
- Wednesday May 30 –
- Mini Camp from 1-9pm at Freshman Building
- Upbeat meeting at 7pm in Freshman Bandroom
- Parent Band Show at 8:30pm on Freshman Field
Any questions on the information contained in this post or on the website, you can contact email@example.com.