A communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club and Directors:
This communication covers:
- Tag Day Thank You
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Yard Signs Sale – extended
- Concert Uniform Fittings and Purchases
- Mattress Sale 9/15
- Third Quarter Refreshment schedule
- Band Competitions
Tag Day Thank You!
WOW! Over 200 students, about 75 parents and lots of help behind the scenes, made a huge impact for our band program this weekend! THANK YOU for carving out your morning to support our band program.
Donations are still coming in, but the numbers look great!
All current opportunities and description of volunteer roles always listed on Parent Volunteer Page. Here they are below also:
- Hemming and light alterations of concert uniforms
- Assistance at concert uniform fitting days
- Third Quarter Refreshment Help
- Split the Pot Assistance
Yard Sign Sale – Sale extended – ends 8/31
Marching Firebird Yard Signs! Available for a limited time! They are $25 each, payable by cash or check. See link to print order form.
Orders can be mailed in BY 8/31 to:
Concert Band Uniform Fittings grades 10-12
Students in Concert, Symphonic or Symphonic Winds will be fitted for concert uniforms during their block bell (bells 4, 5 or 6) on August 29 or August 30.
See letter from Uniform Chairperson for information about fittings, items provided by parent, as well as items needed to be purchased by parent from the Upbeat Club. This document is also linked to the Uniform page on our website. Questions contact email@example.com.
Mattress Sale Sept 15
Did you hear about the jacket your student will get with just one referral? Kids will get information on Wednesday. Note – each section in marching band will be assigned a time on the morning of 9/15 to stand at curb near west to promote sale. About 30-45 minutes per section. Check out the new flyer here! It includes a $50 off purchase of $500 or more! Please spread the word to your coworkers, family and friends. Here is a link to the Facebook event you can use to share and invite your friends and family. Questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Quarter Refreshment Donation Schedule – Home Games
Spirit Wear online shop is now open – https://bit.ly/2BR1Ak6
Firebird jackets to be added soon. Purchase online and pick up at Thursday rehearsal in the stands. You will get email when order is fulfilled and ready.
LWBBB (Lakota West Band Business Boosters)
Lakota West Band Business Boosters was formed as a way for band parents who are also local business owners to support and promote the band. The LWBBB holds monthly breakfast meetings at 8 am at the First Watch Union Centre Boulevard location on the morning of our Upbeat Club meetings (3rd Thursday of the month). For more information, contact Kevin Moorman at email@example.com.
Local competition tickets can be purchased at the gate, open seating.
BOA competitions (9/22 and 10/19-20) can be purchased online in advance or at the gate. Band performs at prelims, then waits till announcements at about 4pm to see who made finals. Band will stay to perform or watch finals. Advisable to purchase both prelim and final ticket together at discounted rate. Link for BOA events – https://bit.ly/1l7nErC
For the Calendar (use link to calendar below where you’ll find the most up to date information)
- Link to calendar here
- Monday 8/27 – Rehearsal 6:30pm – 9pm, main campus
- Wednesday 8/29
- Rehearsal 3pm – 5:30pm, main campus back parking lot
- Cookie Dough delivered at rehearsal
- Mattress Sale incentive presented to students at end of rehearsal
- August 29 and August 30 – Fittings for concert uniforms during block bells
- Thursday 8/30 – Rehearsal 6:30pm – 9pm, Freshman Building
- Saturday 9/1 through Tuesday 9/4 – No school and no band rehearsals
- Wednesday 9/5 – Rehearsal 3pm – 5:30pm, main campus back parking lot
- Thursday 9/6 – Rehearsal 6:30pm – 9pm, Freshman Building
- Friday 9/7 – Rehearsal 6pm – 9pm, location tba
- Saturday 9/8 – Rehearsal 9a-9pm, location tba, no meals provided
- Monday 9/10 – Rehearsal 6:30pm – 9pm, main campus
- Wednesday 9/12 – Rehearsal 3pm – 5:30pm, main campus back parking lot
- Thursday 9/13 – Rehearsal 6:30pm – 9pm, Freshman Building
- Saturday 9/15
- Mattress Sale – all sections to have shift that morning to help bring customers into school
- Mattress Sale from 10am – 5pm at West Main Street
- Taylor Band Competition at Taylor High School – typical plan is rehearsal, eat, pack, depart for show in buses. Link to show info in calendar
- Friday 9/21 – Lakota West Band Night! (Note – we usually perform competition show at post-game when there are halftime activities)
- Saturday 9/22 – Bands of America Regional Competition – at Miami Univ. Prelim performance between 8-4, then wait to see if band makes finals. Finals bands perform Saturday evening.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org