A communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club and Directors:
This communication covers:
- Cookie Dough Orders
- Yard Signs for Sale
- Family Tailgate and Preview Show
- Picture Day
- Upbeat Club Booster Meeting
- Tag Day
- Mattress Sale
Cooke Dough Orders and Payment due August 8
All cookie dough orders (or anything else purchased at the site) and payments are due by August 8. No exceptions. The easiest way to pay is to complete the transaction online via link here. If you choose to write a check, please make it out to Lakota West Upbeat Club and deliver it to Jen Daiker at Band Camp before 4pm.
Band Picture Day
Our band picture in the stands will be taken on 8/14 at 10am at main campus. Individual pictures are optional. Purchase of individual or the group picture is optional. Paper forms MUST be completed and with the student on picture day if you wish to order pictures. Order forms will be given to the students Monday 8/13 eve at rehearsal. You can write a check (to Lifetouch) with the form , or order online at https://my.lifetouch.com. We will be given the online ID a few days prior to the picture day. Here is a link to the image of the form to be given to the students.
Yard Sign Sale 8/6 – 8/23
Marching Firebird Yard Signs! Available for a limited time! They are $25 each, payable by cash or check. See link to print order form
Orders will be collected on the following dates/times:
- Friday 8/10 at family tailgate at 6pm prior to preview show
- Friday 8/17 at the beginning and end of rehearsal
- Thursday 8/23 at the Upbeat meeting at 6:30pm (sale ends)
Family Tailgate and Band Camp Performance/Show Preview
The Upbeat Club is hosting a tailgate for all marching band families and alumni on Friday at 6pm with pizza at the Freshman Building. We will have volunteer sign-up opportunities, yard signs, and 2018 spiritwear for sale! We accept cash, check or credit card. We also need help selling Spiritwear during the Tailgate on Friday 8/10 from 5-7. Please email Sandra at email@example.com if you can help.
At 7pm the Marching Band will take the field performing parts of pregame and the competition show.
Upbeat Club Booster Meeting August 23
All parents and guardians of band students grades 7-12 are welcome to attend! Meeting will start at 6:30pm at the Freshman Building in the band room. and run appx one hour. This first meeting of the year may run longer.
For all Upbeat minutes, financial reports, budget and more, please go to our Upbeat web page here.
Tag Day August 25
Both Lakota West and Lakota East will participate in Lakota Tag Day! All Lakota West marching and concert band members grades 9-12 will, in small groups, go door-to-door asking for donations from members of our community. Donations go toward the band’s uniform fund as well as the special projects fund – both significant recurring expenses. The efforts of our parents and all our band students on Tag Day is what paid for the fantastic uniforms each student was fitted for this week. Concert Band uniforms are also included in this effort. Please clear the morning of 8/25, you won’t believe what we can accomplish together! The SIGN-UP FOR 80+ parents needed is here! You may request your neighborhood if it is still available so don’t wait!
Mattress Sale Sept 15
Our 11th annual mattress sale is Saturday 9/15 from 10am-5pm at West High School. We don’t need you to sell anything! Simply spread the word to your family and friends. To print and share flyer – click here. Here is a link to the Facebook event you can use to share and invite your friends and family.
For the Calendar
- Link to calendar here
- Friday August 10 – Family Tailgate and Preview Show starting at 6pm
- Monday August 13 – Band Rehearsal 1-9 with dinner break, main campus
- Tuesday August 14
- Lakota Opening Day performance at 9am, main campus gym for Lakota staff
- Band Pictures at 10am, main campus
- Band rehearsal 1-9pm with dinner break, main campus
- Wednesday August 15 – Band Rehearsal 1-5, main campus
- Thursday August 16 – Look for communication from Mr Carr regarding rehearsal time and location. Typically it is only for those that have not passed off their music.
- Friday August 17 – Band Rehearsal 6-9pm, main campus
- Week of August 20 – regular rehearsal schedule starts:
- Mondays 6:30-m – 9pm, main campus
- Tuesdays after school from 3-4 – Section Leaders to arrange for a few sectionals during the season, dates tbd
- Wednesdays 3pm – 5:30pm, main campus back parking lot (freshman – remember to sign up for activity bus at lunch EVERY Wednesday. This will take you to main campus after school)
- Thursdays 6:30pm – 9pm, Freshman Building
- Thursday August 23 – Upbeat Club Meeting – 6:30pm, Freshman Building
- Friday August 24 – First Football Game at Paul Brown Stadium!
- Saturday August 25 – Tag Day – ALL hands on deck from all parents AND students!
- Saturday September 15
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org