A communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club and Directors:
This communication covers:
- Concert Band Uniforms
- Parent Volunteer Needs
- Sponsorships – new team forming
- Swing Dance needs a co-chair
- Taste for Music
- Parking Lot Safety
- BOA Indy Competition Trip Details
Concert Band Uniforms
Parent Volunteer Needs
All current opportunities and description of volunteer roles is listed on Parent Volunteer Page. Here they are below also:
- Chaperones – sign up / questions contact Monique at email@example.com
- Third Quarter Refreshment Help – sign up / questions contact Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Split the Pot Assistance – sign up / questions contact Erica at email@example.com
- Raise money for the Lakota West Marching Firebirds during the first half of home football games. Receive free entry to the game and have fun!
Sponsorship Team forming
The Lakota West Upbeat Club is developing a new corporate sponsorship program for 2018. Local businesses will have the opportunity support the band in exchange for advertising on our concert program, website, and/or truck. We’re looking for a few volunteers (ideally parents of freshmen and sophomores) to help build the program. If you have a knack for graphic design, we’d love to have your help putting together our concert program for the year. Local business owners with fundraising experience or community contacts would be a great help soliciting sponsors and designing the structure of the program. Finally, if your business would be interested in sponsoring in the band, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some of the items this group may work on include concert programs, solo & ensemble guide, potential truck wrap, senior pic keepsake, bannars, Jazz n’ Cakes placemat, video, and program, and sponsorship promotional materials. This team would work closely with the Upbeat co-presidents and communications lead.
Co-Chair needed to work with Chair: Cindy Merk. Swing Dance is Friday December 7. You do not need to have a jazz student! This role will assist the chair with the duties outlined below.
Taste for Music
Plan a meeting or get-together and help support the band!
- Unos Taste for Music is Tuesday October 16 from 11am – 8pm. Flyer
- Chipotle Taste for Music is Tuesday 11/13 from 5-9pm. Flyer (English) Flyer (Spanish)
Parking Lot Safety (please share will all who drop off/pick up your child)
Due to the size of the band and large number of parent drivers, we need to pay special attention to the parking situation at West Main Campus before and after events and rehearsals. At the conclusion of an event or rehearsal, please only park in designated parking spots. Do NOT park along the curb near the band room or the field when picking up, or near where our trucks need to park. Please park and walk to the school or field to retrieve your student, or let them know where you are parked. Our trucks cannot get in and out easily to load and unload. Even more importantly, there are many parents and students moving numerous props and front ensemble equipment to and from the stadium. It has created a dangerous situation due to all the cars parked and pulling out from no-parking areas. Thank you for your cooperation.
Spiritwear can be picked up each week in the stands at Thursday night practices. Questions contact email@example.com.
The Spiritwear shop will reopen Monday 10/1 through Sunday 10/7 so that orders can be processed in time for Indy trip. See link to order here.
BOA Super Regionals Indy Trip 10/19-21
- Note deposit of $200 is due now, payable through EZPAY
- Medication process outlined by district is for ALL meds, even OTC. Please review letter provided on trip page as there is no wiggle room on this.
- Remember video or audio recording of any performance is prohibited at BOA events
For the Calendar (use link to calendar – it is where you’ll find the most up to date information)
- Link to calendar here
- Monday 10/1
- 6pm at main campus band room – summer short swap (if logo is on left, come swap out shorts)
- 6:30pm – 9pm – rehearsal at main campus
- Wednesday 10/3 – rehearsal from 3:30pm – 5pm
- Thursday 10/4 – rehearsal from 6:30pm – 9pm
- Friday 10/5 – East/West Game at East. Band will perform at halftime. NOTE – no buses for transport, students meet at East.
- Saturday 10/6 – mini band camp from 9am – 9pm. No meals provided.
- Monday 10/8 – rehearsal from 6:30pm – 9pm
- Tuesday 10/9 – Fall concert with all 5 concert bands grades 9-12 at West Main starting at 7pm (make sure all uniforms are ready and altered if necessary)
- Wednesday 10/10
- 3pm-5:30pm – rehearsal on main campus parking lot
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm Medication drop-off at main campus jazz room from Parent Guardian(only) to Nurses (only)
- Thursday 10/11
- 6:30pm – Parent Trip Meeting in Freshman Theater
- 6:30pm – 9pm – rehearsal at freshman school
- Friday 10/12 – Home Game and Senior Night
- Saturday 10/13 – Mason Invitational, performance time tba
- Monday 10/15
- No School!
- Band rehearsal is ON at 6:30pm – 9pm
- Tuesday 10/16 – Uno’s Taste for Music from 11am – 8pm
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org