A communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club and Directors:
This communication covers:
- Taylor Competition Results
- Volunteer Needs
- Concert B/and Uniforms
- Parking Safety
- Third Quarter Refreshment Donations
- Upbeat Meeting
- Lakota West Band Night
- Honors and Accomplishments
Taylor Competition Results
Grand Champions! Our Lakota West started their competitive season with a fantastic performance in brutal heat! They were awarded the following:
First Place in Open Class
Best General Effect
Video of band hearing results was shown on Facebook – see link.
CHARMS Technical Challenges
The problem still exists where CHARMS sends about 100 emails a day. Many have still not received the email sent from Mr. Carr on Monday about this weeks schedule. If you are not sure if you got this weeks Charms emails see links below:
Video links were removed since we cannot post them on social media. If you wish to see the original email – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Volunteer Needs
All current opportunities and description of volunteer roles is listed on Parent Volunteer Page. Here they are below also:
- Chaperones – sign up / questions contact Monique at email@example.com
- Third Quarter Refreshment Help – sign up / questions contact Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Split the Pot Assistance – sign up / questions contact Erica at email@example.com
Concert Bands (main campus only)
Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Reilman will be in the band room on Tu 9-25 during band classes with bow ties and cummerbunds. If you have the wrong color for the band you are currently in, there is no need to purchase a new set. We can swap, provided you return in good (and clean) condition, your bow tie and cummerbund from last year. If you are new to concert band on main campus and need to purchase a new set, please have exact change or a check made out to the Lakota West Upbeat Club. The cost for both is $15.00, bow ties are $5.00 and cummerbunds are $10.00 if you do not need both.
Anyone who was absent for the original fitting day will be fitted this day as well for their concert band uniform.
Winds girls: You will be notified when the dresses arrive. Please remember that you are responsible for having them hemmed to floor length.
Uniform alterations are coming along. Student will be notified when their uniforms may be picked up. Also, please take a moment to review the information located on the band website – click here. It has detailed information about what is required for each band and also serves as a dressing guide before the concert. Our first concert is Tuesday October 9th!
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Smith at concertuniforms@
Parking Lot Safety
Due to the size of the band and large number of parent drivers, we need to pay special attention to the parking situation at West Main Campus before and after events and rehearsals. At the conclusion of an event or rehearsal, please only park in designated parking spots. Do NOT park along the curb near the band room or the field when picking up, or near where our trucks need to park. Please park and walk to the school or field to retrieve your student, or let them know where you are parked. Our trucks cannot get in and out easily to load and unload. Even more importantly, there are many parents and students moving numerous props and front ensemble equipment to and from the stadium. It has created a dangerous situation due to all the cars parked and pulling out from no-parking areas. Thank you for your cooperation.
Third Quarter Refreshment Donation Schedule – Home Games
See page for section schedule and donation suggestions – All sections need to bring items as we offer it to our visiting band first, then ours so we need a lot each game! First up is 9/21 and we need snacks from colorguard, trumpets and baritones! We have all the 8th and 9th graders to feed too!
Upbeat Club Booster Meeting Sept 20
All parents and guardians of band students grades 7-12 are welcome to attend! Meeting will start at 6:30pm at the Freshman Building in the band room. If you have questions for the Board or need to meet with them, they will be available at 6pm. Come out to see what is ahead and get your questions answered. For all Upbeat minutes, financial reports, budget and more, please go to our Upbeat web page here.
All State Honors and Students selected for Elite Cincinnati Ensembles
Wow do we have a lot to be proud of! Please visit our Honors page with all the exciting news about All State students as well as those selected to participate in elite Cincinnati ensembles.
Lakota West Band Night!
Please join us in welcoming our 8th and 9th graders to Lakota West Band Night 2018! See our web page for all the details about Lakota West Band night on Friday 9/21!
For the Calendar (use link to calendar – it is where you’ll find the most up to date information)
- Link to calendar here
- Thursday 9/20
- Upbeat Club Meeting at 6:30pm in Freshman Band Room
- Freshman rehearsing with band from 6:30pm – 7:30pm at Freshman Field
- Marching Firebird Rehearsal from 6:30pm – 9pm at Freshman Field
- Friday 9/21 – Lakota West Band Night! – see calendar for rehearsal times. The plan is to perform the competition show at halftime after the Lakota Band Night part.
- 3:30pm – Freshman Rehearse with band at Main Campus Parking Lot
- 3:45pm – 8th graders join rehearsal
- see calendar for rest of schedule
- Saturday 9/22 – Bands of America Regional Competition at Miami U. Performance time is 8am!
- See calendar for schedule for the day
- Monday 9/24
- Rehearsal at Main Campus 6:30pm – 9pm
- Tuesday 9/25
- Cummberband/bowtie purchase or swap day
- Wednesday 9/26
- Rehearsal on Main Campus Parking Lot from 3-5:30pm
- Thursday 9/27
- Rehearsal at Freshman Field from 6:30pm – 9pm
- Friday 9/28 – Homecoming Game
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org