A communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club and Directors:
This communication covers:
- Volunteer Needs
- Concert Bands
- Fund Raiser – Mattress Sale 9/15
- Third Quarter Refreshment Donations
- Marching Band IMPORTANT SCHEDULING UPDATE
Parent Volunteer Needs
All current opportunities and description of volunteer roles is listed on Parent Volunteer Page. Here they are below also:
- Chaperones – sign up / questions contact Monique at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Third Quarter Refreshment Help – sign up / questions contact Shannon at email@example.com
- Split the Pot Assistance – sign up / questions contact Erica at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hemming and light alterations of concert uniforms – sign up
Why are we asking for alteration help? We handle “in-house” the hemming of pants, reattachment of buttons and shortening and lengthening of sleeves on jackets. We try to keep these to a minimum and also try to make sure any one who is altering is not overwhelmed with 30 garments to turn around before the first concert. The more people who volunteer the fewer pieces an individual has to alter. The skill involved is minimal and can be done by hand. A sewing machine is not required. If you can only sew buttons, that’s fine! We still need you! Last year we tried not to give our volunteers more than 6 pieces, although a couple or volunteers took on more than that as their time permitted. If this is something you are able to do, please sign up via the sign up genius.
Uniforms will be available to pickup for alterations on Thursday September 6th.
Symphonic Winds Girls:
The pricing for dresses this year is $70.00 and the pearls are $8.00. If your student is new to Winds this year she will need both. Payment can be made on Charms or with check or cash either to Mr. Carr in class or to Mrs. Smith on Wednesday September 5th at the end of the day in the band room or at the end of marching band practice. In order to receive the dresses back in enough time to allow for you to get them hemmed we need to order them by Wednesday evening. We cannot order dresses without payment. There will be an additional charge for those dresses ordered late in order to expedite delivery.
Questions contact email@example.com.
Fund Raiser – 11th Annual Mattress Sale Sept 15
Did you hear about the jacket your student will get with just one purchase? It is a nylon hooded jacket with LWMB logo. After one purchase additional cash rewards are given! Check out the new flyer here! It includes a $50 off purchase of $500 or more! Please spread the word to your coworkers, family and friends. Questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spiritwear Shop is now closed
Spiritwear Shop is now closed for processing of orders placed through midnight 9/3. When your order is ready you will get an email telling you when/where to pick up order. Typically this is done in the stands during Thursday evening rehearsals. Questions contact email@example.com.
Third Quarter Refreshment Donation Schedule – Home Games
See page for schedule and donation suggestions – All sections need to bring items as we offer it to our visiting band first, then ours so we need a lot each game! Also the 9/21 game includes freshman and 8th graders!
Marching Band – IMPORTANT UPDATE
CHARMS system was down today and Mr. Carr could not send this information out to all marching band students and parents. As soon as it is back up, we will try again to send through CHARMS. In the meantime, Click here for email about important scheduling information for next few weeks.
For the Calendar (use link to calendar – it is where you’ll find the most up to date information)
- Link to calendar here
- Wednesday 9/5 – Rehearsal 3pm – 5:30pm, main campus back parking lot – prepare for heat! (show shirt exchange)
- Thursday 9/6 – Rehearsal 6:30pm – 9pm, freshman building (show shirt exchange)
- Friday 9/7 – Rehearsal 6pm – 9pm, main campus
- Saturday 9/8 – Rehearsal 9a-9pm, freshman campus, no meals provided
- Monday 9/10 – Rehearsal 6:30pm – 9pm, main campus
- Wednesday 9/12 – Rehearsal 3pm – 5:30pm, main campus back parking lot
- Thursday 9/13 – Rehearsal 6:30pm – 9pm, Freshman Building
- Saturday 9/15
- Mattress Sale from 10am – 5pm at West Main Street (marching band students not participating due to competition schedule)
- Taylor Band Competition at Taylor High School – see letter above from Mr Carr. Band calendar via link above reflects updated schedule
- Friday 9/21 – Lakota West Band Night!
- Saturday 9/22 – Bands of America Regional Competition – at Miami Univ. – see letter above from Mr Carr. Band calendar via link above reflects updated schedule
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org