A communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club
This communication covers:
- OMEA High School District Large Group Contest
- Weekend of Jazz Festival
- Upbeat Meeting
- Shamrock Shuffle
- Cincinnati Regional Concert Band Festival
- Senior Pictures for Band Awards
- Jazz’ n Cakes
- Orlando Trip
- For the Calendar
OMEA High School Large Group Contest
Wish our students and directors well as they put the final preparations on their selections for OMEA Contest this weekend. If Monday’s concert is any indication, all four bands will do very well! Each band will have a an adjudicated performance time followed by a private sight reading session. Parents and families are welcome. Please remember, no pictures or videos allowed.
Freshman Band – Saturday: 1:15pm. Report time is 12:10pm at homerooms 1202-1206.
Concert Band – Saturday: 10:15am. Report time is 9:10am at homerooms 1202-1206.
Symphonic Band – Friday: 7:15pm. Report time is 6:10pm at homerooms 1202-1206.
Symphonic Winds – Friday 10:20pm. Report time is 9:10pm at homerooms 1202-1206.
Weekend of Jazz Festival
Come out to support our talented Lakota West and East jazz musicians at the Weekend of Jazz Festival at Beavercreek High School on March 2, 3 and 4. Below are some helpful documents for participants as well as guests:
Weekend of Jazz Website 
Master Schedule of Events 
Lakota Specific Information 
BHS Campus Map 
Venue map and directions 
Upbeat Club Meeting
- March Upbeat meeting is Thursday 3/16 at Lakota West High School starting at 6:30pm with the Directors’ update, and 7pm for the Upbeat Club regular meeting. All parents with band students in grades 7-12 are welcome and encouraged to join. You can enter through the band room but the meeting will take place in the choir room.
- Lakota West Upbeat Club web page is back! Click here for past meeting minutes, meeting schedule, volunteer opportunities, and more 
- March Meeting Agenda (will be posted on Upbeat page when available)
- February Unapproved Minutes (will be posted on Upbeat page when available)
- Financials (will be posted on Upbeat page when available)
What a great way to support the Lakota West Bands: Run the Shamrock Shuffle on March 18! This event is a fundraiser for community non-profit organizations. Final registration for our charity to get credit and to get a T-shirt is March 14. There is a price increase on March 13. Register Early! When you click the link to sign up, select the Lakota West Upbeat Club as your charity to sponsor. There is a link on the electronic race registration tab on the front page. Packet pick-up is at MidPointe Library on Thursday March 16, 4:00pm to 8:00 pm and Friday, March 17, 11-7:00 pm. If the weather cooperates, we may see our very own Lakota West Drum Line perform!
But wait, there’s more! There is a Pre-Race Party at Uno’s, on March 8th from 4:30 – 6:30. The team with the most members at the party will receive a bonus grant! Mojo Running will be on site with running gear and there will be some raffles/giveaways as well.
2017 Cincinnati Regional Concert Band Festival
- Saturday March 18th from 10am to 10pm at Mason High School.
- The Music For All Cincinnati Regional Concert Band Festival is a celebration of excellent student ensembles in a non-competitive, non-rating based format. Each band will be evaluated by renowned music educators and provided with a 30 minute clinic following their performance.
- Lakota West Symphonic Winds will perform at 8:20pm.
- Local ensembles includes Lakota East Symphonic Winds, Mason Ensembles, Cincinnati Youth Wind Ensemble, and more. The Miami University Wind Ensemble will perform in exhibition at 2pm.
- View Concert Performance Schedule here. 
Attention all Seniors (and parents!)
It is time to locate your student’s senior AND baby picture and send them to Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All pictures MUST be received by April 3.
Jazz’ n Cakes is April 22
A Co-Chair is needed for 2017 . If you have any questions, please text or call Kevin Moorman at 513 604-2997, or email at email@example.com .
Trip to Orlando for Lakota West Marching Firebirds!!
Trip is planned for December 28 through January 2.
Trip details, costs, etc… will be posted later this week on the website.
Click here for the Orlando Trip Web Page 
For the Calendar
- Link to calendar here 
- Friday 3/3 and Saturday 3/4 – District Contest:
- Thursday through Saturday 3/2-3/4 – Weekend of Jazz Festival in Beavercreek, Ohio
- Saturday 3/4 – Winter Guard Competition at Connor High School, KY. Check calendar for times.
- Wednesday 3/8 – Pre-Race party for Shamrock Shuffle at Unos at 4:30pm
- Thursday 3/16 – Plains Jr Band Concert at 6:30pm
- Thursday 3/16 – Upbeat Meeting
- Saturday 3/18 – Shamrock Shuffle
- Saturday 3/18 – Music for All Cincinnati Regional Concert Band Festival – for Symphonic Winds only, at Mason High School
- Saturday 3/18 – Winter Guard Competition at Milford High School. Check calendar for times.
- March 23 through April 4 – Concert Band Auditions
- Saturday 3/25 – Ridge OMEA Solo & Ensemble Contest
- Saturday 4/22 – Jazz’ n Cakes