A communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club
This communication covers:
- Upbeat Meeting, Nominations
- Shamrock Shuffle
- Cincinnati Regional Concert Band Festival
- Senior Pictures for Band Awards
- Jazz’ n Cakes
- Orlando Trip
- For the Calendar
- Nominations for Freshman Officer, Treasurer and Vice President need to be submitted to Kevin at email@example.com.
- March Upbeat meeting is Thursday 3/16 at Lakota West High School starting at 6:30pm with the Directors’ update, and 7pm for the Upbeat Club regular meeting. All parents with band students in grades 7-12 are welcome and encouraged to join.
- March Meeting Agenda (will be posted on Upbeat page when available)
- February Unapproved Minutes
- Financials (will be posted on Upbeat page when available)
What a great way to support the Lakota West Bands: Run or Walk the Shamrock Shuffle on March 18! This event is a fundraiser for community non-profit organizations. Final registration for our group to get credit (and to get a T-shirt!) is March 14. When you click the link to sign up, select the Lakota West Upbeat Club as your group to sponsor. Look for the ‘Race Registration’ tab on the front page of the website – see link below. Packet pick-up is at MidPointe Library on Thursday March 16, 4:00pm to 8:00 pm and Friday, March 17, 11-7:00 pm. If the weather cooperates, we may see our very own Lakota West Drum Line perform!
2017 Cincinnati Regional Concert Band Festival
- Saturday March 18th from 10am to 10pm at Mason High School.
- There is a $5.00 admission fee per person.
- The Music For All Cincinnati Regional Concert Band Festival is a celebration of excellent student ensembles in a non-competitive, non-rating based format. Each band will be evaluated by renowned music educators and provided with a 30 minute clinic following their performance.
- Lakota West Symphonic Winds will perform at 8:20pm.
- Local ensembles includes Lakota East Symphonic Winds, Mason Ensembles, Cincinnati Youth Wind Ensemble, and more. The Miami University Wind Ensemble will perform in exhibition at 2pm.
- View Concert Performance Schedule here.
Attention all Seniors (and parents!)
It is time to locate your student’s senior AND baby picture and send them to Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All pictures MUST be received by April 3.
Jazz’ n Cakes is April 22
Jazz ‘ n Cakes is April 22nd. We’re looking for vendors for our Main Street Market and donations for the basket raffle.
For raffle items, let your imagination go wild when you look around the house. For example:
- Baby supplies that you didn’t use and are still good quality
- Pet items
- Band swag, memorabilia
- Corporate donations, company tickets, logo items
- Beach towels
- Non-shiny Easter grass
- Gift cards you wont use
- Frames or shadow boxes
- Items to use as “baskets”- can be a cooler, bucket for car wash supplies, box for back to school supplies, etc.
To donate, call Kevin Moorman (513) 604-2997 or Michelle Gunigundo (513) 379-1771 to schedule a drop-off or pick-up. Donations can also be dropped off at the Upbeat Club meeting on March 16th. Baskets will be finalized by April 10th.
To register as a vendor, contact Michelle Guinigundo (513) 379-1771 by April 10th. Vendor registration is $45 payable to the LW Upbeat Club.
Trip to Orlando for Lakota West Marching Firebirds!!
Please complete the steps to register and provide a deposit if you are interested in participating in the Trip to Disney World ! The dates are December 28, 2017 – January 2, 2018.
Click here for the Orlando Trip Web Page where you will find documents, registration information, website link and FAQ.
For the Calendar
- Link to calendar here
- Thursday 3/16 – Plains Jr Band Concert at 6:30pm
- Thursday 3/16 – Upbeat Meeting
- Saturday 3/18 – Shamrock Shuffle
- Saturday 3/18 – Music for All Cincinnati Regional Concert Band Festival – for Symphonic Winds only, at Mason High School
- Saturday 3/18 – Winter Guard Competition at Milford High School. Check calendar for times.
- March 23 through April 4 – Concert Band Auditions – dates on calendar
- Saturday 3/25 – Ridge OMEA Solo & Ensemble Contest
- Saturday 4/22 – Jazz’ n Cakes