A communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club
This communication covers:
- Upbeat Club
- Jazz Band Information
- Senior Pictures for Band Awards Night
- Symphonic Winds Spring Break Trip to New Orleans
- Jazz’ n Cakes
- Marching Firebirds 2017-18 Orlando Trip
- For the Calendar
Nominations for Freshman Officer, Treasurer and Vice President need to be submitted to Kevin at email@example.com.
April Upbeat Club meeting is Thursday 4/20 at Lakota West High School starting at 6:30pm with the Directors’ update, and 7pm for the Upbeat Club regular meeting. All parents with band students in grades 7-12 are welcome and encouraged to join.
- April Meeting Agenda (will be posted on Upbeat page when available)
- March Unapproved Minutes (will be posted on Upbeat page when available)
- Financials (will be posted on Upbeat page when available)
Jazz Band Information
Current Jazz Band members and parents – click here for information for Jazz n’ Cakes performances on April 22.
Senior Pictures – Awards Night
Attention parents of seniors! It is time to locate your student’s senior AND baby picture and send them to Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All pictures MUST be received by April 3.
Symphonic Winds Spring Break Trip
The Lakota West Symphonic Winds are traveling to historic New Orleans during Spring Break. They’ll tour and perform at the Oak Valley Plantation, visit the French Quarter, participate in a clinic at Tulane University, visit the National WWII Museum, and enjoy a performance of the Louisiana Philharmonic Private Quintet. The trip concludes with the highly anticipated visit to Preservation Hall.
Click here for an overview of the trip.
Click here for latest Itinerary and FORMS that need to be turned in asap.
Jazz’ n Cakes is April 22
Signup for Volunteers We need many hands to make this event a success. Please consider a shift to help support our jazz program. Event is 8am – 12pm.
Tickets: Everyone should have received 6 tickets to the event. We are requesting payment of only 5 of those tickets. Please bring check(preferably) or cash, or return of the tickets to Mr. Carr on Friday 3/31. Tickets also available at the door at $6.00/each, children three and under are free.
Donations needed for raffle items, let your imagination go wild when you look around the house. For example:
- Baby supplies that you didn’t use and are still good quality
- Pet items
- Band swag, memorabilia
- Corporate donations, company tickets, logo items
- Beach towels
- Non-shiny Easter grass
- Gift cards you won’t use
- Frames or shadow boxes
- Items to use as “baskets”- can be a cooler, bucket for car wash supplies, box for back to school supplies, etc.
To donate, call Kevin Moorman (513) 604-2997 or Michelle Gunigundo (513) 379-1771 to schedule a drop-off or pick-up. Baskets will be finalized by April 10th.
For more information and performance schedule – see web page.
Trip to Orlando for Lakota West Marching Firebirds!!
Please complete the steps to register and provide a deposit if you are interested in participating in the Trip to Disney World ! The dates are December 28, 2017 – January 2, 2018.
Click here for the Orlando Trip Web Page where you will find documents, registration information, website link and FAQ.
For the Calendar
- Link to calendar here
- March 23 through April 4 – Concert Band Auditions – dates on calendar
- April 1 – Winter Guard TriState Championships at NKU, Guard A only.
- April 3 – Composer concert cancelled. Students will participate in an opportunity during class time.
- April 8 – Winter Guard Finals, Dayton, Guard A only
- April 9 through 14 – Symphonic Winds trip
- April 20 – Upbeat Club meeting
- April 22 – Jazz’ n Cakes
- May 8 – Spring High School Bands concert at West
- May 10 – Plains Jr Spring Band Concert
- May 10 – Jazz Spring Concert at East
- May 11 – Band Awards Night
- May 11 – Ridge Jr Spring Band Concert
- May 18 – Upbeat Club Meeting
- May 19 – Lakota West Graduation
- May 24 – Last day and Rookie Marcher Day in eve
- May 29 – Memorial Day Parade