A Communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club
This communication covers:
- BOA Indianapolis Trip – URGENT – Deadline is Friday
- Taste for Music
- Unos Tickets
- Concert Uniforms
- Fall Concert on Tuesday 10/10
- CHARMS Email
- Calendar Highlights
BOA Indianapolis Trip Registration Deadline is FRIDAY
ALL Students MUST be REGISTERED and Account Payments Up To Date ($195.00 paid) BY FRIDAY 10/6/17. No Exceptions. We need this information to be accurate in order to secure the correct number of hotel rooms.
All information is current and up to date on our Indy Trip Page here – Indy Trip Page.
Taste for Music
- Online shop is open! Click here for more information.
- Orders need to be placed by 10/19 for a 10/26 pickup.
- Many orders will be available Thursday at rehearsal in the stands at the Freshman Building.
- Questions – email Michelle at email@example.com
Uno’s Tickets available at Concert
Uno’s Dough Raiser is 11/19. Tickets will be distributed at our concert on Tuesday. We need 4-5 people at 5:30pm to help bundle tickets and postcards, and 3-4 volunteers to hand out tickets between and during concerts. Parents can rotate in to see concerts as needed. Please email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help. Just a few hands needed, but will make the lines much easier to manage, thanks!
All uniforms must go home immediately. All students should have correct cummerbund and bow-tie. Any questions, email Particia at email@example.com.
Fall Concert with all five High School Bands on 10/10 starting at 6pm
Mr. Carr sent an email through CHARMS on 10/2 with this information:
Concert Bands have been working hard to prepare for their upcoming concert. I just wanted to give you the final rundown on the times and how the flow of the concert will work. The concert is going to be split into two separate concerts on the same stage to allow for crowds and of course student time commitment to be fair and achievable. We have 5 concert bands to perform that night so the schedule will be tight.
Concert 1 6pm-7pm Concert Band and Symphonic Band
5:30 call time for Concert Band and Symphonic Band. (Concert Band in the Band Rm, Sym Band in the Choir Room)
6:00- Concert Band Performs with Symphonic Band in the audience watching, then rotate
A short intermission will follow this concert allowing for audience to leave and the next concert viewers to enter. *We’ll try to get this moving and stay on time, we will start concert 2 as close as possible to 7pm with the clearing and resetting of the stage.
Concert 2 7pm – 8:45pm 0 Period Freshman, 1st Period Freshman, Symphonic Winds
6:30pm Call time for Freshman and Symphonic Winds (0 period in the band room, 1st period in the choir room, Winds in the Cafeteria)
7:00pm- Start on stage ASAP with 0 period- 1st period and Winds watching and then rotate.
8:45pm- Approximate time that the concert will end
Make sure that all concert uniform issues are taken care of this week so that we can look and sound professional at our concert Tuesday night.
CHARMS Email issues
Some families are who have roadrunner emails are having CHARMS emails blocked. Please check to be sure you received the following emails through CHARMS.
- Marching Band emails
- 9/28 – Important Trip Information
- 10/2 – Important Band Week
- 10/2 – One More Thing
- 10/4 – Final Indy Trip Reminder!
- Concert Bands emails
- 10/2 – Concert Band Concert Tuesday 10/10
If you did not receive the above emails, contact your internet provider and please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Highlights from the Calendar
- Calendar – click here for link
- Friday 10/6 – Deadline for Indy Trip Registration
- Friday 10/6 – Band Rehearsal at Freshman School from 4pm – 9pm
- Saturday 10/7 – Band Rehearsal at Freshman School from 9am – 9pm, all meals on own
- Tuesday 10/10 – Band Concert with all five Concert Bands at West starting at 6pm
- Wednesday 10/11 – Taste for Music at Rusty Bucket, Liberty Town Center
- Friday 10/13 – Senior Night/Football Game
- Saturday 10/14 – Buckeye Invitational
- Monday 10/16 – no School, Rehearsal is still happening
- Tuesday 10/17 – Uno’s planning meeting at Unos, 6pm
- Thursday 10/19 – LWBBB meeting at First Watch, 8am
- Thursday 10/19 – Directors’ update and Upbeat meeting starting at 6:30pm, Freshman School
- Saturday 10/28 – Band Competition at Centerville
- Thursday 11/2 – Parent meeting at 7pm for Indianapolis trip, Freshman Theater
- Saturday 11/4 – Mid States Band Competition in Mason
- Saturday 11/4 – Jag’s Lakota West Band Night
- Friday-Saturday 11/10-11/11 – Band of America Grand Nationals!!