A Communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club
This communication covers:
- Upbeat Meeting
- Honor Bands
- Uno’s DoughRaiser
- Disney World Parade/Orlando Trip
- Calendar Highlights
Dan Kenworthy Scholarship
All interested Seniors should complete the application and submit by Monday 11/13.
Spiritwear will be available at the Marching Band concert on Tuesday 11/14 for cash and carry. No new orders can be placed at that time. Remaining inventory will be available.
Look for Orlando spiritwear in coming days! We will have jackets and t-shirts available. All will be at cost, no fund-raising mark-ups will be done.
Upbeat Meeting Thursday 11/16 at MAIN CAMPUS
6:30pm – Director’s update
7pm – Upbeat Meeting
All meetings through end of year are at Main Campus band room.
See Upbeat page for November financials and October minutes.
Honor Band application forms and fees due – Grades 9-12: Concert and Jazz Students
Our Annual OMEA District XIII Honor Band Festival will be held January 12-14, 2017. The 9th Grade Band, Symphonic Winds and Wind Symphony will be held at
Mason High School. The 7th and 8th Grade Bands will be Mason Middle School. A read through rehearsal for the High School Symphonic Winds and Wind Symphony will take place on January 8th at Mason High School. The concert for the 7th and 8th Grade Bands will be January 14th at 2:00 p.m. The 9th Grade, Symphonic Winds, and Wind Symphony Concert will be January 14th at 4:00 pm. Both concerts will be at Mason High School.
Rehearsals for all groups are Friday evening and all day Saturday. Students who cannot commit to all rehearsals and performance are discouraged to audition.
Auditions for all groups:
When: Saturday, December 2nd from 8-5pm, Students will be given appointment time.
Where: 1111 Nilles Road Fairfield, OH 45014
Cost: $3 due Tuesday 11/14. Payable by cash or check made out to Lakota Local Schools along with completed application form. Click here for form.
- For those who still need to turn in payment for the 5 tickets given to each family, contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org. All tickets need to be accounted for. Families can purchase additional tickets; look for more information online soon.
- Uno’s is one of our biggest fundraisers and is truly a lot of fun for those that get involved, and we need many hands to help. See sign-up opportunities here.
- We will soon post this as an event on Facebook, and post on Twitter. Please share/retweet so we can spread the word! Yard signs will also be placed the week before. If you have a highly visible area to place a sign, please email Jennifer at email@example.com.
Disney World Parade/Orlando Trip
- Updated Info on Web Page
- Parade practices were sent out via CHARMS. Calendar has been updated to reflect additional practices.
- Parent meeting for trip is 12/18 at 6pm, main campus. Travel Consultant will be attending. Students are welcome to attend.
- Final payment due 12/7.
Highlights from the Calendar
- Calendar – click here for link
- Monday 11/13
- Jazz Concert at 6:00pm at West main campus for both East and West Jazz bands
- Tuesday 11/14
- Honor Band registration and fee due
- Marching Band Concert and Awards, 7pm in main campus gym
- Ridge Jr Concert at 6:30pm
- Wednesday 11/15
- Winter Guard Auditions at 6-9pm at Cornerstone Church on Princeton-Glendale Rd.
- Thursday 11/16
- Uno’s planning meeting at 6pm at Uno’s
- Directors’ update at 6:30pm and Upbeat meeting at 7pm, Note – at main campus through remainder of year.
- Sunday 11/19 – Uno’s Doughraiser from 11am – 8pm
- Monday 11/20 – 12/14 – Parade practices from 3-5pm. See calendar for dates.
- Thursday 11/30 – 6pm – Lakota Jazz Festival for both schools at East High School
- Saturday 12/2 – Honor Band Auditions – information is in CHARMS
- Thursday 12/7 – Final payments due for Orlando trip
- Monday 12/11 – Holiday Concert with three High School Bands, Main Campus
- Tuesday 12/12 – Holiday Concert with two Freshman Bands, Freshman Theater
- Friday 12/8 – Swing Dance at Main Campus – all students, community invited
- Monday 12/18 – Orlando Trip Parent meeting at 6pm, main campus
- Thursday 12/28 – Depart for Disney World New Year’s Eve Parade Trip!