A Communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club
This communication covers:
- Uno’s a big success – Thank You!
- Swing Dance
- Holiday Shopping
- Disney World Parade/Orlando Trip
- Winter Guard
- Calendar Highlights
Uno’s Dough Raiser
THANK YOU to all the volunteer parents and students who gave a good part of their Sunday to help make the Uno’s Dough Raiser a success! We appreciate the time so many people gave to this event, as it is a massive undertaking. We could not have done it without all the support from our community and band families! See Website, Facebook and Twitter post highlighting the many businesses that supported the event, they deserve our thanks as well!
The jacket is back! We are offering the jacket (formally known as the Rose Parade jacket) for anyone who wishes to purchase one. It was originally going to be offered just for those going to Orlando, but we made some changes and it can be ordered with or without the Orlando designation. See Spiritwear page here and look at the bottom of the page where it says Special Offer. We will also have an Orlando T-shirt , look for design and cost to be posted on this same page very soon. All orders need to be completed online by 11/30.
Note, both the jacket and the T-shirt will be at cost, these are not set up as a fund-raiser.
Swing Dance is December 8
Reserve the day and mark your calendars: The Lakota West Swing Dance 2017 is just 3 weeks away – Friday, December 8th from 7:30- 10PM. To make this a special night we need volunteers. Jazz parents (Concert Band parents are also encouraged) are kindly requested to take a shift. Many roles are needed including set up/decorate, sell tickets, coat check, serve snacks, or tear down/clean up. Most shifts are 1-2 hours so there is plenty of time to enjoy the entertainment before/after your shift. You will not miss your child playing. Whether your child is in jazz or not, please consider taking a shift at this fabulous event! Sign up link is here. We will also need all families to provide a snack, see web page for snack info as well as a flyer you can print and share within our community – all are welcome!
Have you started your online holiday shoppng? AmazonSmile is an easy way to support the band, and has no impact on your shopping experience. For more information, see information on web page.
Taking many trips to Kroger this time of year? Why not donate your Kroger Awards to the Lakota West Bands? It is easy, please see updated instructions on our web page.
Disney World Parade/Orlando Trip
- Updated Info on Web Page
- Parade practices were sent out via CHARMS. Calendar has been updated to reflect additional practices.
- Parent meeting for trip is 12/18 at 6pm, main campus. Travel Consultant will be attending. Students are welcome to attend.
- Cost summary is available within your account. Once logged in go to Access Trip\ Financial Information\ Trip Costs.
- Information on tickets and FastPasses to be shared in coming days.
- Final payment is due 12/7.
Congratulations to our TWO Winter Guards for 2018! Lakota West will compete with both a Junior Varsity and Varsity team. Please see the list of members on each team on our Winter Guard webpage.
Highlights from the Calendar
- Calendar – click here for link
- Monday 11/20 – 12/14 – Parade practices from 3-5pm. See calendar for dates.
- Thursday 11/30 – Lakota Jazz Festival for both East and West ensembles held at East High School
- Thursday 11/30 – all jacket and T-shirt orders submitted online
- Saturday 12/2 – Honor Concert and Jazz Band Auditions – audition information is in CHARMS
- Thursday 12/7 – Final payments due for Orlando trip
- Friday 12/8 – Lakota West Swing Dance, all students and community invited
- Monday 12/11 – Holiday Concert with three High School Bands, Main Campus
- Tuesday 12/12 – Holiday Concert with two Freshman Bands, Freshman Theater
- Monday 12/18 – Orlando Trip Parent meeting at 6pm, main campus
- No Upbeat meeting in December – see you in January on the 18th.
- Thursday 12/28 – Depart for Disney World New Year’s Eve Parade Trip!