A Communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club
This communication covers:
- Jazz n’ Cakes
Jazz n’ Cakes
Our annual Jazz ‘n Cakes fundraiser is right around the corner on Saturday, April 21st. This is one of our biggest fundraisers and nets over $10,000 for the entire band, including jazz band, concert band, marching band, and color guard. We need all hands on deck. There are a number of chair positions open (see below) or just help out on a team that interests you. Our next meeting is Tuesday, February 6th at 7:00 pm, Lakota Self Storage & Mini Office Suites, 7686 Cincinnati-Dayton Rd West Chester.
Please consider one of the following positions to make this event a success:
- Overall leader co-chair: schedules meetings, coordinates with jazz director
- Kitchen manager/leader: Inventories and procures supplies for the breakfast portion of event. Last year’s leader is available to train.
- Market street co-chair: Solicit vendors, sets atmosphere. Previous chair will lead.
- Basket raffle/silent auction chair: Solicit donations, basket wrapping. Previous chair and 2 volunteers already in place to help.
- Volunteer leader co-chair: Sign-up Genius and student volunteers via paper sign-up. Set up volunteer sign-in area
- Ticket Distribution co-chair: Coordinates packaging and distribution of tickets for sale. Handles complimentary tickets.
- Drive event co-chair: Car show. Previous lead is already in place to chair
- Dining room set-up leader: Leads set-up of dining room with a group of volunteers late afternoon/evening prior to event.
For more information, contact email@example.com or meet us on February 6th to get involved.
Highlights from the Calendar
- Calendar – click here for link
- Tuesday Feb 6 – Side by Side rehearsal with Ridge 7th grade and Symphonic WInds
- Tuesday Feb 6 – Jazz n’ Cakes Kickoff Planning Meeting
- Thursday Feb 15 – Upbeat Meeting
- Thursday Feb 22 – Ridge Jr Band Concert
- Weekend of Feb 24 – West Musical Weekend: Shrek the Musical
- Saturday March 3 – Beavercreek Jazz Festival weekend
- Saturday March 3 – Music For All Festival -Symphonic Winds perform, Mason High School
- Monday March 5 – High School Band Concert at West
- Tuesday March 6 – Freshman Band Concert at Freshman School
- Thursday March 8 – Plains Jr Band Concert
- March 9-10 – OMEA Large Group Contest
- Thursday March 15 – Upbeat Meeting
- Saturday March 17 – Shamrock Shuffle
Any questions on the information contained in this post, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.