A communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club and Directors:
This communication covers:
- Technical issue with Charms
- Upbeat Club Booster Meeting
- Tag Day
- Yard Signs for Sale
- Mattress Sale
Charms email issue
We learned this past week that Charms is sending out only 100 emails every 24 hours. It is a glitch they are trying to fix. That is why people are getting the emails from Mr. Carr late and many not until the following day. We are going to be using this email list, Remind texts, and our band calendar until we are sure all emails are getting sent properly out of Charms. Sorry for the hassle, we are anxious to get this resolved. Please be sure you are signed up and watching all forms of communications. Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upbeat Club Booster Meeting August 23
All parents and guardians of band students grades 7-12 are welcome to attend! Meeting will start at 7:30pm at the Freshman Building in the band room and run appx one hour. This first meeting of the year may run longer. Come out to see what is ahead and get your questions answered. For all Upbeat minutes, financial reports, budget and more, please go to our Upbeat web page here.
Tag Day August 25
Tag – Your’e it! Tag Day is TEN DAYS AWAY! All Lakota West marching and concert band students grades 9-12 are expected to participate. Attendance will be taken upon arrival. We need everyone because this event benefits everyone! We need 85 parents to drive a route. We are a third of the way there. Any route missed is a significant impact on the amount of donations we collect. The SIGN-UP FOR 85 parents needed is here! You may request your neighborhood if it is still available so don’t wait!
Our chaperone signup is up and running – click here to sign up. All trips listed except the overnight to Indianapolis, which will be handled separately.
Yard Sign Sale 8/6 – 8/23
Marching Firebird Yard Signs! Available for a limited time! They are $25 each, payable by cash or check. See link to print order form
Orders will be collected on the following dates/times:
- Friday 8/17 at the beginning and end of rehearsal
- Thursday 8/23 at the Upbeat meeting at 6:30pm (sale ends)
Mattress Sale Sept 15
Our 11th annual mattress sale is Saturday 9/15 from 10am-5pm at West High School. We don’t need you to sell anything! Simply spread the word to your family and friends. To print and share flyer – click here. Here is a link to the Facebook event you can use to share and invite your friends and family.
For the Calendar (where you’ll find the most up to date information)
- Link to calendar here
- Wednesday August 15 – Band Rehearsal 1-5, Freshman Building
- Thursday August 16 – 3pm at main campus band room. It is only for those that have not passed off their music, and leadership team.
- Friday August 17 – Band Rehearsal 6-9pm, Freshman Building
- Week of August 20 – regular rehearsal schedule starts:
- Mondays 6:30pm – 9pm, main campus
- Tuesdays after school from 3-4 – Section Leaders to arrange for a few sectionals during the season, dates tbd
- Wednesdays 3pm – 5:30pm, main campus back parking lot (freshman – remember to sign up for activity bus at lunch EVERY Wednesday. This will take you to main campus after school)
- Thursdays 6:30pm – 9pm, Freshman Building
- Thursday August 23 – Upbeat Club Meeting – 6:30pm, Freshman Building
- Friday August 24 – First Football Game at Paul Brown Stadium! Ticket information will be shared when it becomes available
- Saturday August 25 – Lakota Tag Day
Questions? Contact email@example.com