BOA Super Regionals in Indianapolis, IN 10/19-21
- Parent meeting was Thursday 10/11 at 6:30pm in the Freshman Theater
- Medication Drop-off is complete.
- MANDATORY form to complete for our travel company – link is here
- All students (9-12) attend their first two bells, then are released. List of students will be given to office to excuse absence. No notification from parent needed.
- Freshman will be bused to Main Campus to join the rest of the students.
- All students can drop off red bag in their respective band rooms in the morning before zero or first bells.
- Note deposit of $200 is due now, payable through EZPAY, or via check to Lakota West High School and given to bursar at High School
- Remember video or audio recording of any performance is prohibited at BOA events
GROUP PHOTOS – Jolesch Enterprises will be on-site to take a group picture of each band after they exit the performance area. They
will also be taking action photos on the field level. Ordering information will be available on site.
- Deposit payments are now due. They are posted in your HAC account and can be paid through your EZPAY account. There is currently a deposit of $200 that is due.
Total estimated costs are :
Quad room: $355
Triple room: $386
Dbl room: $450
Bus and Room Assignments
- handed out at meeting on 10/11
- 10/18 – NO luggage tags will be provided
- Itinerary – updated 10/10.
- Our prelims performance is 11am on Saturday 10/20.
- Medication letter with links to forms (ALL meds must follow this process even Tylenol and Ibuprofen and all OTC medications)
- Medication and forms drop-off was Wednesday 10/10 at 5:30pm
- If you were unable to drop off the medicine you MUST drop it off at West no later than 10/12 with the nurse, Robin Robinson directly. Do not leave it at the main office. Call Robin at 874-5699 to arrange a time to meet her or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meals and Food Allergies
- All meals are provided starting with dinner on Friday through breakfast on Sunday. They may need to pack a lunch for Friday.
Tickets if travelling separately
- Prelims seats on Saturday 10/20 are general seating, tickets are $21/each
- Finals (Saturday evening) seats can be general seating at $25/ea, or you can also choose to choose your seat, those are $30/ea
- A SUPER ticket is an option with a seat chosen by you for Friday and Saturday prelims, and finals and is $51/ea
- Tickets can be purchased online in advance or at the gate –see link – Tickets to BOA Indy
Bands of America Website
- See website for a list of band performing and more information
- Spectator Guide – to be linked here when available
- Note there are strict rules about what you can take into the stadium. Please review this in advance.
Pictures and Video – this is important – please read
- Video and audio recording is prohibited.
- You will have the opportunity to purchase a DVD of the performance during the event at booths on the concourse.
- Any still camera may be used. Family, friends, and fans may take still photos of BOA events for personal use only. The images may not be sold or otherwise distributed, without the written permission of Music for All. Any still camera (making film or digital still pictures) is allowed and may be used from the spectator seating area of any venue. Tripods or other similar equipment that may obstruct the view or path of travel of others in seating areas are also not allowed.
- NO PHOTOS from FIELD LEVEL or BAND IS DISQUALIFIED.
- For live streaming – go to FloMarching site for more information
For professional photos – There will be a photographer on site taking pictures of the band. You may purchase while onsite or online at www.bandgroupphotography.com.
Live Streaming – FloMarching
If you cannot attend or would like friends and family from out of town to view the show, there is an option for live-streaming through FloMarching. You purchase a subscription, but can cancel at any time. The cost is appx $30/month for monthly subscription, or appx $12.50/month with yearly subscription. We do not recommend purchasing one subscription and sharing it with others, as the quality of the video suffers greatly. For more information go to FloMarching. To purchase a subscription go to FloMarching Subscriptions.
Super-Regional Performances – how it all works
For scoring purposes, bands are classified by school enrollment, grades 10-12 only, in Classes A (smallest) through AAAA (largest). Lakota West is in Class AAAA.
New this year – In order to provide the opportunity for more bands to participate, an updated format for 2018 will allow for an increased maximum of 80 bands at the Super Regionals, utilizing two judging panels for preliminary competition. Prelims will take place over two days, with a maximum of 50 bands on Friday, 30 bands on Saturday, and Finals Saturday evening. The judging responsibilities for Super Regionals will be divided into A and B panels, alternating between blocks. If there are 45 or more bands enrolled at a Super Regional, 14 bands regardless of classification will advance to finals. If there are less than 45 bands, 12 bands regardless of classification will advance to finals. UPDATE – there are 71 bands competing!
- Preliminaries: Half of the participating bands perform in one of the two separate preliminary contests held on Friday and Saturday. Each preliminary contest is balanced with like numbers of bands from each class. Lakota West is performing Saturday.
- Finals: The top 12 or 14 scoring bands from prelims, regardless of class, advance to Saturday evening’s finals. Bands selected for finals will be announced around 5:00 pm Saturday at the Stadium and on the BOA Twitter feed. Class Champions (from prelims) who are not selected for finals competition will perform in exhibition before the 12 -14 bands selected for finals. Performance times will be determined during a meeting of the directors of the bands involved in the finals which is held immediately after the selections are announced. The program begins at 7:00 pm and the band performances begin at 8:00 pm.
Finals awards are given for each place (1st through 12th or 14th), Outstanding Music Performance, Outstanding Visual Performance, and Outstanding General Effect.