A Communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club
This communication covers:
- Tag Day
- All State Ensembles
- Taste for Music
- Concert Uniform Fitting Days
- Lakota West Band Day
- Volunteer Sign-ups and Third Qtr Refreshments
- Mattress Sale
- Band Trip Updates
Lakota West Tag Day a huge success!
$24,000 collected and it continues to grow with online and mailed in donations yet to be counted. We could not have done it without the 75+ parents, 250+ students, and a great community with amazing support. Our directors, our parents, but most of all our kids thank you for your generous donations!
All State Ensemble recipients named for 2018
Each year the best of the best in Ohio are selected to participate in the Ohio Music Educators Association Convention in Februray. We had a impressive number of students selected, congratulations to all!
All State Orchestra
Alex Daiker, Senior Horn
Tyler Gandee, Senior Trombone
Will Tuttle, Senior Trombone
Joe Keller, Junior Trumpet
All State Band
Matt Aaron, Senior Trombone
Kyle Cleavinger, Senior Bassoon
Gino DiLorenzo, Senior Tuba
Sophie Kimble, Senior Clarinet
Emilee Warne, Junior Flute
Anna Lavin, Sophmore Trumpet, Alternate
All State Jazz Ensemble
Charlie Merk, Junior Trumpet
Alex Merk, Freshman Pianist
Taste for Music at Canes – 9/6
Our first Taste for Music fundraiser event of the year will be held at Raising Canes on Wednesday, September 6 from 5:00pm – 11:00pm. Let the cashier know that you are there for the Lakota West Band fundraiser. For the band to receive the fundraising benefit, show this flyer  when making your purchase and they will donate 20% of the order to the Upbeat Club. Please share with family and friends!
Concert Uniform Fitting Days – 9/6 and 9/7
On both 9/6 and 9/7, all Concert, Symphonic and Winds students will be fitted for uniforms during their band class (Wed block day bells 1,3,5 and Thurs block day bells 2,4,6)
A letter from Uniform Co-Chair is here.  Please read as it contains lots of answers to how uniform fitting days will go.
Web Page with uniform information and what parents are responsible for, is here. 
Volunteers Needed! We need help on both fitting days from 12:30pm – 3pm. Signup Here 
We also need alterations and hemming help. Lots of it! Signup Here 
Lakota West Band Day – 9/8
The Marching Firebirds will celebrate the up and coming students in the Lakota West Bands Program before and during the Lakota West Home Football Game on 9/8. This celebration — formerly known as Freshman Night — will put a welcoming spotlight on Ridge and Plains eighth graders, as well as Lakota West freshmen with:
- a before-game pizza party with current members of the Marching Firebirds,
- the honor of parading with the Marching Firebirds into the stadium before the start of the game.
- the thrill of going onto the football field with the Marching Firebirds to perform some hit tunes, and
- the fun of spending time with the Marching Firebirds in their north endzone stands.
Special Rehearsals have been added below:
- Thursday 9/7, all freshman will join the Marching Firebird Band rehearsal at the Freshman building from 6:30pm – 8pm
Friday 9/8, all Ridge and Plains 8th graders, plus Freshman, will meet at the main campus for a practice from 3-5pm
- Update – Rehearsal at Main Campus from 3:15 – 5pm for Freshman
- Freshman should take activity bus from the freshman building
- Update – Rehearsal at Main Campus from 4-5pm for 8th graders
- 8th graders have the choice of taking bus from their Junior High or get to main campus on their own.
Volunteer Signups and Third Quarter Refreshments
Bus Chaperones signup (Upcoming dates included are 9/16, 10/14, 10/28, 11/4) – non-overnight competitions
Third Quarter Refreshments
During the third quarter of each home game, our volunteers serve refreshments to the Marching Firebirds and the visiting team’s band members. To keep us well-stocked for third quarters, Marching Firebirds should place two two-liter bottles of lemonade or clear soda (no red, orange or dark soda, please!) and two full-sized packages of cookies (no frosted cookies, please!) in the bin outside the band room as they enter to put on uniforms:
- Friday, September 1 (Lakota West vs. Centerville): Flutes as well as Alto, Tenor and Bari Saxophones
- Friday, September 8 (Lakota West vs. Wayne and Lakota Band Night):Trombones, Mellophones, Baritones, and Clarinets
- Friday, September 29 (Lakota West vs. Lakota East/Homecoming): Color Guard
- Friday, October 13 (Lakota West vs. Middletown/Senior Night): Drum Majors and Percussion (Drum line and Front line)
- Friday, October 27 (Lakota West vs. Hamilton): Trumpets and Sousaphones
Parent Volunteer Page – all current sign-ups will always be posted here
Mattress Sale – 9/16
Band Trip Updates
BOA Toledo – 9/22-9/23
Our performance time for Prelins has moved to 1:15pm on Saturday 9/23. This will make it easier if parents are considering driving up that morning. More information to follow.
BOA Indianapolis – 11/10-11/12
All students must sign up for this trip. It works the same as the Orlando trip registration and payment process. See web page for instructions and itinerary .
Disneyworld and Universal Studios in Orlando – 12/28-1/2
See web page for FAQ and Itinerary.  There is still time to add your student, or take advantage of the package for your family.
Last day to cancel is 10/29/17.
All payments due by 12/7/17.
Click here to print order form . Online ordering will be available soon.
We have switched back to the original calendar. While we realized some benefits with the new application, the subscription feature did not work as originally planned. Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience. You may have to set up your subscription again.
For the Calendar
- Calendar – click here for link 
- Friday 9/1 – No School
- Friday 9/1 – Band Practice 1-4:30pm, Main Campus
- Friday 9/1- First home football game! See email from Mr Carr thru Charms
- Monday 9/4 – No School, No Practice
- Wednesday 9/6 – Concert Uniform Fittings – see schedule above, Main Campus
- Wednesday 9/6 – Band Practice 3 – 5:30pm, Main Campus Parking Lot
- Wednesday 9/6 – Taste for Music 5 – 10pm, Canes
- Thursday 9/7 – Concert Uniform Fittings – see schedule above, Main Campus
- Thursday 9/7 – Freshman join band practice 6:30 – 8pm for Lakota Band Night, Freshman School
- Friday 9/8 – Band practice with 8th and 9th graders from 3-5pm, Main Campus
- Friday 9/8 – Lakota Band Night, Home Football Game
- Saturday 9/16 – Mattress Sale, Main Campus
- Saturday 9/16 – Bellbrook Band Competition