A Communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club and Lakota West Band Directors
This communication covers:
- Band Jackets
- Taste for Music
- Beavercreek Jazz Festival
- Music for All Regional Concert Band Festival
- OMEA Large Group Contest
- Concert Band Auditions
- Jazz Band Auditions
- Shamrock Shuffle
- Jazz n’ Cakes
March 1st thru March 3rd, 2018, the Beavercreek Music Parents Association (BMPA) in conjunction with Beavercreek High School (BHS) will be hosting the 17th annual Weekend of Jazz (WOJ). This not-for-profit community cultural event brings Beavercreek schools’ jazz ensembles together with 30 other area High School jazz bands and two performances by a professional headliner band for a truly exciting jazz-filled weekend.
The West Jazz Combo will perform at 10:25 AM on the Bistro Stage and be finished (after the clinic) at 11:20 AM.
The West Jazz Ensemble will perform at 12:20 PM in the Auditorium and be finished (after the clinic) at 1:15 PM.
Complete school jazz concert schedule is here.
Free admission is offered for all Saturday performances other than the professional performance on Saturday evening. Tickets and more information for the professional performances on multiple weekend evenings are available online at www.weekendofjazz.org.
Symphonic Winds is participating once again in this festival at Mason High School. This is one of fourteen festivals around the country. Their performance time is Saturday 3/3 at 6:40pm. See calendar for more information. All other band students are invited and encouraged to come anytime during the day to listen to all the bands. There is a $5 fee to do so. Information on Evaluator Clinicians and full schedule can be found on this link.
OMEA Large Group Contest
OMEA District 13 Large Group District contest is the weekend of March 9-10. Parents are welcome to attend but absolutely no pictures or video can be taken. All arrival and performance times were sent out by Mr. Carr through CHARMS on 2/21, and is also now on the band calendar on our website. If you did not receive the CHARMS email, let Barb know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Roadrunner emails may still not receiving all emails from CHARMS.
Concert Band Auditions for 2018-19
Auditions for Concert Bands for 2018-19 begin March 12 and conclude March 22. Please refer to CHARMS email sent on 2/23 for more information.
Jazz Band Auditions for 2018-19
Auditions for Jazz Ensembles for 2018-19 is on our Jazz web page on our website. Auditions to take place during Jazz class in February and March. If not currently in jazz band class, contact email@example.com to schedule an audition.
Shamrock Shuffle March 17
The Lakota West Upbeat Club will be a recipient of the Shamrock Shuffle 2018 proceeds from the West Chester/Liberty Community Foundation. We need at least 15 people to register to receive some of the funds. The more people we have registered, the more money we receive. The race is on March 17, at the clock tower, so put your green gear on and join the fun! There is a 5k and an 10K, a Leprechaun Lap for kids, and a Sleep In Special. The cost to register for the 5K is $38.37, kids under 15 are $15.00 and the 10K is $40.00. Go to The Shamrock Shuffle to register for the race. Click Race Registration in the top right corner. The Lakota West Upbeat Club is listed in the Charities section. Registration deadline is March 12.
A Challenge has been extended for this year…………………..run and beat Mr Carr’s time! Can you beat his time of 29.31 minutes from last year?
Jazz ‘n Cakes April 21
- Calendar – click here for link
- Monday Feb 26 – Taste for Music at Mellow Mushroom
- Thursday March 1 – Jacket orders due online
- Saturday March 3 – Weekend of Jazz, Beavercreek, OH – for more info click here
- Saturday March 3 – Music For All Festival -Symphonic Winds perform at 6:40pm, Mason High School – for more info click here
- Monday March 5 – High School Band Concert at West at 7pm (three HS bands)
- Tuesday March 6 – Freshman Band Concert at Freshman School at 7pm (2 Freshman bands)
- Wednesday March 7 – Jazz ‘n Cakes Planning Meeting at 7p
- Thursday March 8 – Plains Jr Band Concert at 6:30pm
- Friday March 9 – OMEA Large Group Contest for Symphonic Band and Symphonic Winds – see calendar for details
- Saturday March 10 – OMEA Large Groups Contest for Concert Band and Freshmen Bands – see calendar for details
- Monday March 12 – Concert Band Auditions begin
- Tuesday March 13 – Last day to register for the Shamrock Shuffle
- Thursday March 15 – Upbeat Meeting
- Saturday March 17 – Shamrock Shuffle
- Saturday March 17 – Winter Guard Competition in Milford, OH – click here for more info
- Thursday March 22 – Jazz ‘n Cakes Planning Meeting at 7p
- Friday March 23 – Drum Major Auditions
- Monday March 26 – Spring Break begins
Any questions on the information contained in this post, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.