A communication from the Lakota West Upbeat Club and Directors
This Communication Covers:
- Upbeat Club
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Swing Dance
- Marching Band Uniform Sale
- Jazz ‘n Cakes
- Calendar Highlights
Honors and Congratulations
Congratulations to the 2019 Marching Firebirds for the first ever Semi-Finals performance at Bands of America Grand Nationals! Thank you to Tyler Johnson for this video! https://youtu.be/_Qcf-
Congratulations to our Varsity and Junior Varsity Winter Guards for 2020! http://lakotawestbands.org/color-guard/
Next meeting is Thursday 1/16 at West Main Campus band room. All parents and guardians of band students grades 7-12 are welcome to attend! Meeting will start at 6:30pm and run appx one hour. The Upbeat executive board will be on hand at 6pm for any questions. Come out to see what is ahead and get your questions answered. For all Upbeat minutes, financial reports, budget and more, please go to our Upbeat web page here.
- Swing Dance Volunteers – these are for the night of the event – sign up link here
- We are looking for some help with the Jazz ‘n Cakes event on 3/28. There are plenty of supports to help the transition to the lead positions go smoothly. If you can help out in a small or in a leadership capacity, please email us at LWUpbeat@gmail.com and plan to attend the meeting on 12/4!
- Jazz ‘n Cakes planning meeting is Wednesday 12/4 at 6:30pm at the freshman band room.
Items to be available at holiday concerts on 12/10 and 12/16 for pickup.
Swing Dance 12/13
The Lakota West Swing Dance is Friday, December 13, 2019 from 7:30 to 10 – less than two weeks away! This event raises funds for all concert, jazz, and marching bands as well as color guard and winter guards, and each band member is asked to bring snack items for the dance.
Here are the items to send, starting December 9th or on the day of the dance: Link to snack assignments, snack ideas and delivery/drop-off instructions – Here
Sweets or Finger Foods
Salty or Savory Snacks
Sweets or Salty/ Savory Snacks
One 12 pack of any variety of soda
Two – 2 liters of any variety of DARK soda – no clear please
Many volunteers are needed to pull off this unique event. Please see the Sign-up Genius link and sign up to help out. For additional questions, visit the Swing Dance webpage or contact Cindy Merk at email@example.com
Please CLICK HERE to volunteer the night of the event.
Marching Band Uniform Sale 12/1-12/13
See email that came out from Charms on 11/30. This info is also now on a web page here with all the links – http://lakotawestbands.org/marching-band-uniform-sale-2019/
Dates to remember:
Sale closes at 5pm on Friday 12/13.
Two options only for payment and pickup of items:
Friday 12/13 at Swing Dance at West Main Cafe from 7:30pm – 10pm
Wednesday 12/18 from 6:30pm – 8:30pm at the Freshman band room.
Jazz ‘n Cakes Planning Meeting 12/4
Join us at 6:30pm in the Freshman band room on Wednesday for our planning meeting for Jazz ‘n Cakes which is on Saturday 3/28/20. This is a big and important fundraiser for our program and we could use a lot of help, plenty to go around!
Calendar – link to calendar
- Sunday December 1
- Uniform sale starts
- Tuesday December 3
- Taste for Music at Unos from 11am – 10pm/ Please show flyer
- Wednesday December 4
- Jazz ‘n Cakes Planning Meeting at 6:30pm at Freshman band room
- Thursday December 5
- Lakota Winter Jazz Fest at 6pm at East
- Saturday December 7
- Honor Band Auditions 8am-5pm in Fairfield
- Tuesday December 10
- Freshman Band Concert at 7pm
- Friday December 13
- Uniform sale closes at 5pm/pay and retrieve at Swing Dance
- Swing Dance at 7:30 at West Main
- Monday December 16
- Main Campus Band Concert at 7pm
- Wednesday December 18
- Pay and retrieve uniform purchases from 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Tuesday January 14
- Taste for Music at Main Event from 4pm – 9pm
- Thursday January 16
- Upbeat Meeting at 6:30pm, Main campus
- Thursday January 23
- Symphonic Winds concert at UC CCM, time tba
- Saturday January 25
- Try Band and concert/Symphonic Winds students participate 9am-12pm appx
- Monday January 27
- Symphonic Winds concert at Miami U , time tba
- Saturday February 1
- Symphonic Winds concert at OMEA Conference, time tba
- Saturday February 8
- Solo & Ensemble Contest