A communication of the Lakota West Upbeat Club and Directors:
This communication covers:
- Taste for Music
- Current Upbeat Open Lead Positions
- Future Upbeat Positions Needing Shadowed This Year
- Volunteer Position Descriptions
- Ways to Stay Connected
- Marching Band Handbook!
- Reach Out Lakota Fundraiser
- Honor Ensemble Auditions
Taste for Music at Tom & Chee on Wednesday 6/10
- Online Curbside Fundraiser!
- Pre-order online before June 10th for curbside pickup and they will donate 20% of the total order to Lakota West Bands!
- Go online on Wednesday, June 10th and order whatever you’re craving for curbside pickup and they will donate 15% of the total order to Lakota West Bands!
- Flyer – https://lakotawestbands.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Newsletter-LakWestBands-2.pdf
- Order Curbside Online: https://www.tomandchee.com/order
Current Upbeat Lead Openings for 2020-2021 include the following:
- Mattress Sale Lead (August-Sept only)
- Try Band Lead (December – January only)
- Publicity Support and Media Design (year round)
- Jazz ‘n Cakes Event Lead (tbd)
Upbeat Lead Openings for 2021-2022 that need people to shadow in 2020-2021
- Communications Lead
- Vendor Lead for Jazz ‘n Cakes
- Photographer Lead
- Pit Crew Lead
- Swing Dance Lead
- Tag Day Lead
If you any questions about the current or future open positions, we would be happy to answer them. Just email email@example.com or LWUpbeat@gmail.com and we will get you in touch with someone that can explain the needs of the position.
Volunteer Descriptions for year round activities
Ways to Stay Connected
- Link is good information for Rookie parents and also good reminders for Veteran parents – https://lakotawestbands.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/2020-Rookie-Mtg-How-to-stay-informed-about-all-things-Lakota-West-Bands-1.pdf
- Remember, the Remind Text requires all to re-signup every year.
Marching Band Handbook
- 2020 Marching Band Handbook is now available – click here to view PDF
Reach out Lakota Fundraiser
We could not be more proud of this student-led donation drive for our community! Our band students, alumni, and community all contributed over 2500 items to be donated through Reach Out Lakota! These students banded together in the best way possible! They used their passion, their drive, and their determination to reach and even exceed a goal! Don’t be surprised if this becomes and annual event to to help our community!
Photos – Album linked here
WLWT Feature –https://bit.ly/2UhPQh1
Honor and Local Ensemble Auditions
Given the current situation, contact these organizations to confirm audition requirements, process and timeline.
UC CCM CYWE (Cincinnati Youth Wind Ensemble), Symphonic Band and Jr CYWE –https://ccm.uc.edu/prep/music/ensemble/CYWE.html
CSYO ( Cincinnati Symphony Youth Orchestra), Philharmonia Orchestra – Auditions set for end of August – https://www.cincinnatisymphony.org/education-and-community/youth-programs/cincinnati-symphony-youth-orchestras/
Dayton Philharmonic Youth Orchestra – http://daytonphilharmonicyouthorchestra.org/
Bulter Philharmonic Youth Orchestra – http://butlerphil.org/youth/
NKU Youth Symphony – https://www.nku.edu/academics/sota/musicprep/programs/youthsymphony.html
- Link to Calendar Here
- We are working on entering and updating the 2020-2021 calendar during the month of June