It’s been another successful week at band camp! The move to Main Campus is working out nicely! Join us tonight at the stadium around 8pm to see what our students have been working on! What they have learned so far will be impressive. We also invite you to join us between 6:30-8pm outside the band room to meet other band parents/families.
An email was sent Thursday evening with full details from Directors pertaining to each day. Details can also be found on the calendar.
TONIGHT | Family Tailgate | 6-8pm
Sunday 7/30 | ICE CREAM SOCIAL | 6-8pm | Main Campus Stadium
Monday 7/31 | Band Camp | 8:30am – 9pm | Main Campus | Lunch & Dinner Provided | Theme: BEACH DAY
Tuesday 8/1 | Band Camp | 8:30am-5pm | Main Campus | Lunch Provided | Theme: TWIN DAY
Tuesday 8/1 | POOL PARTY | 7:30pm – 10pm | Mason Pool | Students MUST come with a waiver or they will not be allowed in.
Wednesday 8/2 | Band Camp | 8:30-5:00pm | Main Campus | Lunch Provided | Theme: CHRISTMAS IN JULY
Wednesday 8/2 | DCI CENTERVILLE| 5pm – midnight (this will be another time when the Remind tool will be put to use. We will send a message once we leave Centerville to let you know when to expect us back at the school to pickup your child).
Thursday 8/3 | Band Camp | 8:30am-5pm | Main Campus | Lunch Provided | Theme: WHITE LIE
Thursday 8/3 | Section Dinners | Your students section leader will share details regarding location, time, etc. with your student.
Friday 8/4 | Band Camp | 8:30am – 5pm | Main Campus | Lunch Provided | Theme: BARBIE VS. OPPENHEIMER
Friday 8/4 | LOCK-IN | 8pm – 1am (Saturday) | Main Campus
If you ordered from the first round of spirit wear sales, you may pick up TONIGHT during the tailgate. An optional pickup will be Monday 7/31 between 8-9pm in the band room. If you are unable to pick up during either of these times, please contact Heather Cloud at email@example.com.
Also – the Spirit Wear Shop is open again (or opening very soon) and exciting news, it will NOT close! Order at your leisure and have it shipped to your home or pickup at Rokkitwear in West Chester. See the website for exciting new products, the well adored familiar products and all of your MUST HAVES!
Band Camp Volunteers Needed
- 12:15-4:15 * first aid & general help (1 of 2 slots needed)
- 4:45-5 * water & tents clean-up (2 of 4 slots needed)
- 8-8:30am * water & tents set-up (2 of 2 slots needed)
- 12:45-4:45 * first aid & general help (1 of 2 slots needed)
- 4:30-4:45 * water & tents clean-up (3 of 4 slots needed)
- 4:45-5pm * water & tents clean-up (2 of 4 slots needed)
- 8-8:30am * water & tents set-up (1 of 2 slots needed)
- 8:15-11:15 * first aid & general help (1 of 2 slots needed)
- 12:15-4:45 * first aid & general help (1 of 2 slots needed)
- 4:45-5 * water & tents clean up (1 of 4 slots needed)
- 7:15-10:15pm * Lock In Chaperone (1 of 10 slots needed)
- 10:15pm-1:15am * Lock In Chaperone (5 of 10 slots needed)
Your student is going to need to have a signed waiver with them in order to attend the pool party on Tuesday. They will receive a paper copy to bring home, there will be copies available at the pool, at the Tailgate tonight and you can also find one HERE to print at home. Students will NOT be permitted into the pool without the waiver.
Lakota West Invitational | September 16
Lakota West Bands will be hosting our FIRST MSBA Band Competition and we are asking for some assistance in organizing this fun day! Katie Dixon & Jessica Hansbauer have graciously volunteered to take on the lead roles and they have broken down portions of the event planning in order to make it more manageable for all involved. Below you will find a list of the leadership descriptions, if you have any desire to take one of these on, please reach out. Feel free to pair up with a friend or 2 as well. There will be a lot of guidance leading you along the way.
We will be asking for volunteers later on to assist the day of.
- Hospitality Room – Manage/Oversee, find volunteers and create sign up genius for food for the hospitality room (serves bus drivers and directors).
- Judges Dinner Coordinator – Coordinate with LWMB directors about judges’ food options, getting judges’ food orders, picking up and delivering dinner to the judges.
Current Leadership Roles
- Event Leads- Katie Dixon and Jessica Hansbauer
- Concessions-Kendra Saylor and Shirley Braden
- Traffic Coordinator-Ray Bramblett
- Sponsorships/Donations-Michelle Rowe
- Vendor Coordinator-Sarah VanAs and Holly Burgess
- Volunteer Coordinator-
- Student Volunteer Coordinator-
If you have any questions or would like further information, please reach out to Katie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jessica (email@example.com).
Save the Date(s)
Upbeat Club Meeting | 8/17 | Hear about all things band from our Directors and Upbeat Club leaders. A GREAT way to stay informed!
Tag Day | 8/26 | More info coming soon | ALL students are expected to participate & parent drivers will be needed