Volunteers & Fundraisers
Our bands are powered by fundraising and volunteer efforts spearheaded by the Lakota West Upbeat Club. Funds from the school district, as well as marching band student fees, offset a portion of Lakota Wests Bands’ overall expenses. The remaining portion is offset through fundraising. Annual fundraising efforts include, but are not limited to:
- August: Tag Day 8/29/20
- September: Mattress Sale TBD
- December: Swing Dance – 12/11/20
- Spring: Jazz ‘n Cakes – 3/20/21
- Year-round: make a donation, sign up for Kroger Community Rewards and AmazonSmile.
- Taste for Music:
- We try to host an event every month, look for more information as the events are scheduled
We depend on volunteers to help our fundraising efforts succeed, but there are many volunteer needs not tied to fundraising, including but not limited to:
- Band Camp,
- Bus and Event Chaperones,
- Pit Crew,
- Solo & Ensemble,
- Try Band and
The Upbeat Club is the unifying thread through all our volunteer and fundraising efforts. The club meets, in general, every third Thursday of the month during the school year. All parents of band students grades 7-12 are encouraged to get involved. To learn more, click here.